The Better Uncle

Later That Day
Aria's Pov

"Is this okay? Am I doing good?" Mike asks worriedly as he feeds Piper her bottle "Is this the right angle for the bottle? Should I hold her head a little higher? What if I—"

"Mike, seriously." I chuckle "You're doing fine. Piper's a pretty good eater, just hold the bottle in her mouth and she'll do the rest."

"Okay," He huffs "I think I've got it down." I can't help but laugh at how nervous he is.

"Do you mind watching her for a minute while I go to the bathroom?" I ask.

"Yeah sure," Mike shrugs "Just come back before she finishes her bottle because I have no clue what to do after that."

"Sure thing." I chuckle, hurrying upstairs. I walk around the corner, nearly bumping into Ezra as I do.

"Sorry," I say "I'm in a bit of a hurry, I'm on a time limit for going to the bathroom."

He gives me a weird look "Do I wanna know?"

"Yeah, Mike's just feeding Piper her bottle and he wants me to be back before she finishes." I explain quickly "I think he's scared that she'll start crying or something and he'll have no clue how to calm her down."

"Well I'm heading downstairs right now so take your time peeing." He chuckles.

"Thanks." I smile, leaning forward and giving him a peck on the lips.

"Oh, I had something to ask you." He says as I turn to walk away "Are we still on for dinner at my mom's tonight or..."

"Shit!" I gasp "I totally forgot about that! Of course I want to go but I don't know if Mike..."

"No no, I get it." He says "I'm sure we could take a rain check."

"Um, can we talk about this after?" I ask awkwardly "I really have to pee."

Ezra laughs "Of course."

After using the washroom, I walk back downstairs to join Mike and Ezra on the couch. Mike still holds Piper, who is fast asleep in his arms.

"Look at you go," I grin "Put her to sleep and everything."

"I know, he sure impressed me." Ezra adds, looking at Mike "She'll need to be burped when she wakes up, so that's all you. You can even take the next diaper change if you feel like going the extra mile."

"Yeah, I'll pass on that one." Mike wrinkles his nose "I'm not that advanced yet." We all laugh, Mike looking down at Piper asleep in his arms.

"You know, she really looks like you Aria." He says "I mean, a few of her features are Ezra's, but she really does look like you."

"Yeah, she's definitely my daughter." I smile.

"She's even got the stubbornness to prove it." Ezra adds "When Piper doesn't want to do something, she definitely makes it known. Which sucks when we're trying to get her to sleep."

"Yeah, that doesn't sound very fun." Mike says. I go to reply along the lines of the same topic, but remember something else I need to ask him.

"Mike, I have a question." I start "We were invited for dinner tonight at Ezra's mom's house, and I was wondering if you're okay to stay here."

"Of course, Aria." He scoffs "You don't need to ask, it's not like I'm a five year old who needs babysitting or anything. Just pretend like I'm not here, continue on with whatever you had planned."

"Well I was just talking with my mom and she said it would be alright if you came," Ezra says "So that's an option if you want."

"Oh—uh—I don't want to interrupt your dinner plans." Mike stammers.