Bitches Who Die

*Aria's Pov*

"Lucas?!" Hanna says loudly. I'm so surprised about Lucas working for A that I don't tell her to talk quieter.

The fact that the person who hit Ezra was someone I knew is crazy. I don't know who I was expecting it to be, but definitely not Lucas. He used to be Hanna's friend, but then he started acting weird. He no longer came to school, claiming he was homeschooled. We suspected he was hiding something, but not this.

"That means Lucas is still working for A." Spencer says.

"We never really knew if he was in the first place, Spence." I reply "We just suspected it." Spencer scrolls through the file some more, double checking to see if it was actually him. Although there was no denying that it was. What other seventeen year old Lucas Gottesman do we know in Rosewood?

"I can't believe it." Hanna says, still shocked "I mean Lucas? Seriously? How could someone like him work for A? I thought that kids only talent was nerding out with his stupid action figures! What happened to Hermie the Hermaphrodite?" I can't help but chuckle at Hanna's last sentence. But it was true. Lucas used to be a nerd. Back when Alison was queen-bee of all of Rosewood Day. But times have changed.

"Alison used to torment him." Emily says "What if Lucas isn't being blackmailed by A. What if he's voluntarily on the A team?" I think about it for a second, wondering if Emily was right.

"But why would he volunteer to be involved in a car crash, on the A team or not?" I say.

"Maybe Lucas is on the A team, but Head A still blackmailed him into being apart of the crash." Spencer suggests. I nod, her theory making sense. Suddenly, I remember where we are.

"We should probably get out of here," I say "We can talk about all this somewhere else." My friends all agree. Spencer logs off the computer and shuts it down, then places the pen carefully back into the cup.

"Alright, let's go." Spencer says. We all walk over to the door, wanting to get out of the place we successfully broke into. Saying it like that makes it sound bad. Not that this was good, but it's not like we stole anything. This wouldn't affect the insurance centre in any way.

I pull the door handle, anxious to get back to Ezra's. But the door doesn't budge. I tug on it again, this time harder. Nothing.

"It's locked." I say nervously. My friends just stare at me in disbelief. Hanna steps forward and gives the door a good pull. It stays shut.

"What the hell!" Hanna says loudly. She tugs on it over and over, but with no luck.

"This is the door we came in, right?" Spencer asks to no one in particular.

"Yes." Emily says, looking around the small office.

"Well are there any other doors?" I ask, starting to panic. We all look around.

"There!" Emily almost yells. We run over to the back door, eager to get out of this place. Spencer pulls forcefully on the handle, but the door stays shut. She groans in frustration.

"I didn't expect it to open, Caleb only unlocked the front door." She says sadly.

"What are we supposed to do now?!" I ask worriedly. Even though I don't want to believe it, I know this must be the handy-work of A.

"Our phones!" Hanna exclaims "We can text Caleb to unlock the doors!" I nearly smack myself in the face for not thinking of that. Hanna pulls her phone out of her pocket, her hands shaking slightly.

"What the hell is going on?!" Hanna yells "My phone isn't working! It won't turn on!"

"Is it dead?" Emily asks. Hanna shakes her head.