A Little Princess

One Week Later
Aria's Pov

I open the door, letting my friends in from the cold outside. They take off their shoes and jackets, before walking into the living room with me. I invited them over because we haven't hung out in a little while, but also because I want to tell them about my engagement.

"Still got your Christmas tree up?" Hanna laughs, eyeing the twinkling thing in the corner.

"Yeah, we should probably take that down." I reply "But it's only January first, it was still December yesterday."

"Fair enough." She sighs "Do you want help taking it down?"

"No, Ezra and I will do it later." I decide. As I talk, I place my hand over top of my ring finger, not wanting my friends to see it yet.

"So Aria, are you starting to get nervous?" Spencer asks. I immediately know what she's talking about.

"Yes. But also extremely excited." I reply "There's only fourteen days left, isn't that crazy? Two weeks until she's born. I've started counting down the days."

"I'm so excited to meet little Piper, I'm gonna spoil her so much!" Hanna squeals.

"She's gonna be the cutest baby in the world, I can already tell!" Emily gushes.

"Please ask me to babysit anytime you want, because I will be more than eager." Spencer adds.

"I don't know how often we'll need a babysitter, but sure, you can be on the top of the waiting list." I say.

"Hey!" Emily whines "Does that mean we're on the bottom?"

"No, we'll all babysit her together." Spencer says "But I get to feed her first."

"What! That's my favourite part!" Hanna gasps "How come you get to feed her first?"

"Because I-" Spencer starts, before I cut her off.

"Right now, it seems as if you guys need a babysitter." I laugh.

"Sorry." They all say in unison.

"We promise we'll be the best babysitters to Piper." Emily says, looking between Spencer and Hanna.

"I know you will." I reply "Babysitters and aunts." My friends all smile, looking excited. I realize that this would be a good time to tell them about my engagement to Ezra, and start by uncovering my hand with the ring. But before I even have a chance to say anything, Hanna notices the diamond on my finger.

"Aria!" She gasps "I completely forgot to ask you about Ezra's proposal!" I furrow my eyebrows, expecting a completely different answer.

"How do you know about it?" I ask. She just grins, along with Emily and Spencer.

"We helped him plan it out." Emily replies "You know, made sure no one was on Beacon Hill, made sure no one went up while you guys were there, set up hidden cameras in-"

"Wait what!" I interrupt "Hidden cameras?"

"Yeah, Caleb set up hidden cameras in the bushes to videotape your engagement." Hanna says "And the videos were supposed to be a surprise, but I guess they're not anymore." Emily's hands shoot up and cover her mouth, her eyes wide.

"I'm so sorry!" She gasps "I wasn't supposed to say that!"

"It's okay," I chuckle "I'm just glad that Ezra proposing was caught on camera."

"Yeah, but we wanted to give you the video as a surprise." Emily says sadly.

"It's all good Em, I was going to get the video either way." I tell her.