Bobby Pins Aren't Always Useful

The Next Morning
Aria's Pov

I open my eyes, momentarily confused on where I am. But I don't forget for long, it would be impossible to. Being kidnapped is something I won't soon forget.

I tried not to fall asleep when I felt my eyelids getting heavy, but I guess I lost the battle of staying awake. I don't know what time I fell asleep, nor do I know what time it is now, but the sun is up and shining.

I sit up in the squeaky uncomfortable bed, gently placing a hand on my baby bump. I promised my little angel that we would get out of here safely, and I'm not about to break that promise. My head spins so badly that I have to close my eyes for a second. Ever since A hit me the second time with that bar, I feel like I'm constantly dizzy.

As I stand up, I notice something on the ground. In the centre of the tiny room, a plastic plate sits on the floor. On it, a dry-looking piece of buttered toast, a small amount of rubbery scrambled eggs, and two almost burnt sausages. I walk over to the plate and study it carefully, half expecting something to jump out at me. I notice a piece of paper tucked underneath the plate, and slowly pull it out. There's only one word on the paper, and it's signed with only one letter.

Enjoy.
-A

I drop the paper like it suddenly burst into flames. If A prepared this meal for me, then I don't want anything to do with it. For all I know, it could be poisoned. Sure, I'm ravenously hungry, especially since I threw up all the food in my stomach, but I'm not going to touch the plate of food in front of me.

If I just would've been awake while A brought the food in, then maybe, just maybe, I could've done something to get out of here. At least I would've had even a fraction of a chance at escaping. Now, I'm back to square one again. Not that I really ever left.

I pick up the plate of food, not to eat it, but to throw. Using as much force as I have, I chuck the plate across the small room, sending it crashing into the camera. The food scatters all over the floor, and the plastic plate falls to the ground. I pick it up and snap it over my knee, then throw the pieces again. It doesn't make me feel any better, but at least it distracts me for a moment.

After the plate can't be crushed any smaller, I collapse onto the bed and burst into tears. This isn't fair, none of this is fair. A can't do this anymore, not to my innocent baby. My child doesn't deserve this, no one does. But A won't stop. No one can change the cruel ways of A, no one is safe. I'm just puppet, and A is my puppeteer.

~~~

Ezra's Pov

I refuse to rest until Aria is home safe. No matter how long it takes, I'm not going to stop looking. I'll starve, I'll walk until I collapse, I'll let myself go delirious finding Aria.

Though my whole body is begging me not to, I trudge on through the forest. I'm somewhere near the cabin, at least that's where we started from. But the forest surrounding it is huge, and I don't want to think about how much more ground we need to cover.

Suddenly, I hear my phone make a noise from my pocket. My heart leaps, thinking that maybe it's someone saying they found Aria, since we all split up in different groups. I turn my phone on, staring at the words on the screen. One new message from: Unknown. This could either be good or bad. I open the message, my hands shaking nervously.

You're getting closer.
-A

I stop walking, not believing what the text said. Did A just give me a clue?

"Hanna! Mike!" I yell into the forest. We split into groups to look for Aria, Hanna and Mike are with me.

"Yeah?!" I hear Mike yell back. He's about a couple dozen yards to my left, and Hanna the same on my right.