Christmas Surprise (Pt.2)

Aria's Pov

Ezra and I sit on the bench at the top of Beacon Hill, which overlooks Rosewood on one side and a snow-covered forest on the other. We don't say much as we stare at the snowy trees, but the silence is a peaceful atmosphere. Ezra has his arm wrapped around me, and I lean my head comfortably on his shoulder.

"This is so nice." I say to him. He kisses the top of my head, his warm breath feeling nice on my scalp.

"Yeah, I like it up here." He replies, taking a sip of his tea. As I look down at all the trees that stretch out for miles, I can't help but feel like Ezra and I are the only humans in existence. Like it's just me and him surrounded by thousands of trees. I feel as if I could stay in Ezra's loving embrace forever, never getting bored of hearing his heartbeat.

Suddenly, Ezra stands up from the bench, causing me to sit up straight. For a split second, he just stands facing me, looking both excited and nervous. But then, he does something that makes my heart skip a beat.

He gets down on one knee.

"Aria, I knew from the moment we met that you were the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. You taught me what true love is. I didn't know it was possible to love someone so deeply, to crave their very presence. But yet I find myself unable to even imagine a world without you. Everyday I fall a little more in love with you, Aria. Every day I find myself aching for the moment when I can finally call you mine. And now that we're starting a family together, now that we have a beautiful baby girl on the way, I don't think I can wait another day to ask you this. So please, Aria Marie Montgomery, will you do me the complete and absolute honour of marrying me?"

The tears run freely down my cheeks, and I don't do anything to stop them. Ezra asked me to marry him, to become his wife. With my hands clasped over my mouth, I nod, still unable to stop the tears from falling. And though I can barely talk through my hiccupy sobs of happiness, I manage to get a single word out.

"Yes."

~~~

A/N: Whoop whoop! Ezra & Aria are engaged! Are you happy?
And this was my 50th chapter, can you believe it? I just got 50K reads, and then I posted my 50th chapter. 50 seems like a lucky number!
Anyways, thanks so much again for reading.

I ❤️ you guys.