Bed, Bath & Baby

The Next Day
Aria's Pov

I walk out of the pet store after my day at work, excited to finally go home. Today's work day seemed especially long, something about restocking the fish food is extra boring. But, I shouldn't be complaining, I love my job.

I walk over to the car, getting in and turning the engine on. Now, I have to pick up Ezra from Hollis, just like everyday. It's the same in the morning: Since he works earlier than me, I drop him off with the car, then drive myself to work. And then after work, I pick him up. He's finished half an hour before me, but he usually likes to stay a little longer and mark papers anyway. At the beginning of this school year, Ezra arranged to teach another class at Hollis, so he makes a little more money than he did before. And now that I have a job, we're making more than enough money between the two of us to support our little family. Things have turned out pretty great.

I drive onto the Hollis campus and park in front of the building where Ezra teaches. After shutting off the engine, I pull out my phone to pass the time as I wait for Ezra. I notice that I have a new text message from Mike, and happily open it up. Even though I still haven't talked to my parents, Mike and I are still really close. I try not to think about my mom and dad too much, I guess they might not ever come around to the fact that I'm pregnant. What does matter is that I'm happy with how everything turned out, and I guess my parents must be too.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts by a car door opening. I look to see Ezra sitting down in the passenger seat, a white lamp in his hand.

"Where'd you get that from?" I laugh, leaning over and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"I bought it a while ago to put on my desk at work, just in case we wanted to switch from the ceiling lights to sun and lamp light." Ezra explains "But I never even used it, it's been sitting in the closet for months. I thought it would be perfect for Piper's room, since it fits the colour scheme."

"Yeah, it's perfect!" I say happily "Oh, and that reminds me, do you mind if we make a stop on the way home? There's a few more things I want to pick up for Piper's room."

"Sure," Ezra replies "But we do still have two months until she's born, so there's no big rush."

"I know," I say, looking down at my huge stomach "But it'll just feel so satisfying to finally be able to say that the nursery is finished."

"Yeah, we worked pretty hard on it." Ezra agrees. I nod, remembering the long hours we spent setting up our daughters nursery. And that was the easy part, the hard part was finding the right furniture and accessories. But we did have help from my friends, Toby even built a crib for us, which Spencer painted. Don't get me wrong, we did have lots of fun with the entire project, and it was nice seeing the room come together.

As I drive toward Bed Bath & Beyond, I think about exactly what I'm going to buy. If I don't, I'll spend hours in that store just browsing. There's so many cool things to look at, I can easily say it's one of my favourite stores. I'm going to go in and buy throw pillows, picture frames, and a grey baby blanket. That's it. With the exception of a few more things, depending on how cool they are.

"Oh, this store." Ezra says as he wrinkles his nose. Strangely enough, he hates this store.

"How do you not like Bed Bath & Beyond?" I ask, pulling into a parking spot.

"It's just so cluttered and random," Ezra explains "You go in for some pillows, but come out with a highly unnecessary reindeer soap dispenser."

"That was one time, Ezra." I say "And you didn't have to choose to buy that soap dispenser."

"But did you see how cute it was? I couldn't resist." Ezra whines.

"True." I admit "We'll use it at Christmas."

"Damn right we will." Ezra says seriously. I laugh, realizing how silly all this must sound. We get out of the car and walk toward the entrance, my hand intertwined with Ezra's. I look up at the sky, where dark grey clouds hang gloomily over Rosewood. It'll probably start down pouring later.

"Look at all this!" I say as we walk into the store "How could you not love it?"

"It's not that I don't like the store, it's that I don't like how many cool things there are to buy." Ezra says "It's a love-hate relationship." I laugh, spotting a four-pack of scented soap bars.

"We should totally get these Ezra!" I gush "Look at all the different scents!Lavender-vanilla, blackberry-lemongrass, mint-"

"Aria, you're doing it again." Ezra grins. I sigh, realizing he's right, I didn't come here to buy soap.

"But it's made with goats milk." I say quietly. Ezra laughs, taking my hand in both of his and pulling in the opposite direction.

"That doesn't mean you need it." Ezra says as we walk toward the bedding section.

After Ezra and I find a grey and white chevron print blanket -- with a matching throw pillow -- we search for two more aqua coloured pillows.

"Will these do?" Ezra asks, holding up two pillows.

"Ezra those are perfect!" I exclaim, hurrying over to him.

"Yeah, they match the wall colour perfectly." He agrees "Now what's next, picture frames?"

"Yeah, I want a few nice white ones." I say "I already have a couple, but I need some more. I have an idea in mind."

"It seems that way." Ezra laughs as we make our way to the other end of the store.

~~~

2 Hours Later

"Done!" I exclaim, stepping back to admire my work.

"Same here." Ezra replies, walking over to me.

"It looks great, all of it." I say with a smile "I'm so happy with the way it turned out."

"Me too," Ezra agrees "It turned out way better than I thought it would. We should quit our jobs and become baby room designers."

"I'll hold you to that." I joke, leaning in to hug Ezra. He wraps his arms around me, then kisses the top of my head. I breathe in Ezra's comforting scent, smiling as I do.

"I don't know about you, but I'd say we have a pretty perfect life." Ezra says into my hair "I don't think I've ever been so happy. All that's left is for Piper to come." I smile even wider, nodding into Ezra's chest. At his words, I realize something: not only are we getting extremely excited for our daughters arrival, we're completely ready for her to come. We have everything ready, down to the outfit she'll wear home from the hospital. But I don't know if I'll be able to wait two months, I'm ready to meet Piper now.

~~~

A/N: Yay, 40 chapters! I love all of you guys so much, thank you for reading this far. I love love LOVE writing this book, and I'm glad that you enjoy reading it. If you feel like answering, I'm gonna do a QOTD again:

Where do you live? 🌏🌍🌎

AOTD: Canada, eh. 🇨🇦