A Baby Makes 3 & Another Makes 4

The Next Day
Aria's Pov

I open my eyes to sunlight streaming through the window and the noise of birds chirping outside. Ezra is still asleep next to me, the blankets resting just above his hips and leaving his bare upper body uncovered. I smile at the sight of his toned back and strong arms, then slowly trace my finger down his lower back on the small indentation over his spine. His whole body tenses up at my soft touch, and his eyes flutter open.

"Good morning beautiful." Ezra says in his raspy morning voice.

I smile "Morning babe."

"What time is it?" He asks.

"Uh, almost ten." I reply, looking at the clock on the wall.

"Wow." He gasps "Don't remember the last time I slept in that late."

"Before Piper was born, for sure." I answer "So at least five months ago."

"I kind of don't like it." Ezra says "What do we do now? We have no baby to feed or give a diaper change to, we don't have anything we have to get up for. I feel...useless."

"This is what the honeymoon was supposed to be for, to get rid of all our responsibilities for a few days." I laugh "So we could finally sleep in for once and not have to worry about anything but ourselves. Although I can't stop thinking about Piper."

"Me neither." Ezra admits "I wonder exactly what she's doing right now, who's holding her. I'm almost positive she's being held, none of the girls ever want to put her down."

"Well, I bet it's not Hanna." I answer "She's probably still sleeping."

"Aren't we supposed to be too wrapped up in each other right now to think about our baby?" He says "And I think we should be too busy with our tongues down each other's throats to even talk."

"Well...if you say so." I shrug.

"I was just saying." Ezra replies "Doesn't mean we have to if you don't—"

"Just shut up and kiss me." I cut him off.

~~~

I flip the last batch of banana pancakes over as Ezra finishes cutting up the watermelon. He sets the plate on the small dining room table, then comes back for the fresh made whipped cream and pitcher of orange juice from the fridge. Finally, I carry the steaming plate of pancakes over, sitting down on one of the chairs.

"Those look great." Ezra says, reaching forward and grabbing one.

"Hopefully they taste that way." I laugh.

"I think you've mastered the banana pancakes." He replies "You're officially a Fitz."

"I'm so honoured." I chuckle.

"Good, you should be." Ezra says "They're a Fitz family tradition. I grew up eating them, they're my comfort food. And when Piper starts solids, banana pancakes will be the first thing she tries."

"That's not what solids mean in this situation." I laugh "It's just puréed things that are usually solid."

"Yeah I know, that's why we'll put the pancakes in the blender first." He replies sarcastically.

"Yum." I smile jokingly. As we both start eating our breakfast, my mind wanders back to what's going on at home. I know that Piper's having the time of her life with my friends, because she loves them all, but I can't help but wish I could see her right now. Although I'm of course enjoying my time alone with Ezra on our four-day honeymoon in the Poconos Mountains, as it's our first real alone time that's lasted more than a few hours since Piper's birth. It's been so nice to not have to worry about anything but relaxing with my husband.