A Break From School Dosen't Mean a Break From A

Three Days Later
Aria's Pov

"Hurry up Aria." Hanna whines impatiently from outside the bathroom.

We're at Spencer's house, getting ready to go to the lake as a first-day-of-summer celebration.

I stare at myself in the ceiling-to-floor mirror. My navy blue and white Victoria's Secret bikini fits perfectly, but I still feel extremely self-conscious. Not because I think it's too skimpy—because it isn't—but because I'm afraid people will be able to take one look at me and know that I'm pregnant.

I take a deep breath, realizing that I'm being ridiculous. I'm six weeks pregnant, meaning that it is nearly impossible to have a noticeable baby bump, especially if you aren't looking for it. I pull on a loose fitting tank top and step into some shorts, telling myself to stop overreacting. But I still feel weird. I walk back to the mirror and lift up my shirt, trying to convince myself that the tiny bump is all in my mind, and that I'm still as flat as before.

I open the bathroom door and force a smile on my face, though I doubt I look anything close to relaxed and care-free.

"Finally," Hanna sighs, but when she sees the look on my face, she frowns "What's wrong?"

I shake my head "Nothing."

Hanna grins "Yes there is. You get that look when you don't want to say something."

I bite my lip, am I really that bad at hiding my emotions? "Fine," I say "But you'll just think I'm being stupid."

"What's wrong?" She begs "I promise I won't think it's stupid."

I chuckle "Uh, yeah you will. Even I do."

She furrows her eyebrows "I'll only think it's stupid if it really is something stupid."

I sigh "Okay. But you will think I'm being ridiculous."

She doesn't say anything, but the look on her face seems to say 'Just get to the point already.'

"I'm scared people will be able to tell I'm pregnant." I blurt out.

Her eyes widen, and she scoffs "Are you kidding me, Aria?"

"I told you that you would think it's stupid!" I say.

"Yeah, only if it actually was stupid. And it is!" She says with a smile "No one will be able to tell your pregnant. I promise."

"Are you sure?" I say cautiously.

"Lift up your shirt." She says impatiently.

I pull up my tank top, exposing my stomach. Hanna squints, then looks from a different angle.

"You look the same," She decides "You're still one of the skinniest people I know."

I laugh lightly "Not for long."

"Yeah, but for now you are," She says "Trust me, you don't look any different, no one's gonna know."

"Okay." I say, trusting her.

"Oh, by the way." Hanna adds "I'm so glad you went with that bikini, it's way hotter than that teal one."

I chuckle, thinking of our bikini shopping expedition just weeks earlier. Hanna had insisted I went with the navy blue one "Thanks, though I don't think I had a choice."

She smiles, knowing what I mean "Well it looks great on you."

***

"I can get used to this." Spencer says as she rolls over onto her stomach, basking herself in the hot summer sun.