Sports day

Kamila's pov 🦋

          The day for sports day came too quickly for my liking, I was listening to Jada kingdom, best you ever had, my favorite song

I turned to the phone ringing, I changed his name from my nigga to 1876-490****, for the 39th time r something, I stopped counting, the first time I see a gun up close r wah man getting shot. And nobody up deh no behave no way like dem fraid, r a regular thing.

Him mussi in a gang r something.

Even after all that the feelings weh me have fi him still deh there.

Mi cya bother.

I walked out of my room to Jan in the living room typing on her laptop, I sit beside her"what you doing".I said while I looked.

"Just finishing up some lesson plans for my students," after she finished all that, she shut it down.

"Weh gabby deh, the house too quiet, come we ago fi a drive we not spending enough time together," Janelle said, we walked to Gabriel's room.

"By the way you no fi a get ready fi sports day, or you not going so early" she looked at me, I don't want to go, no wah see D'yani.

"She's not going cause she and her little boyfriend vex" she mocked, I gave her my middle finger.

"A no that me jus no wah go, yuh chat too much" I walked to the car, sat on the front seat, I did my hair yesterday I admire myself in the mirror.

...
We did drive to Linstead, walked around, I bought different fruits from the fruit vendors, and we also did grocery shopping, while packing up the car, the boy that was helping was flirting, I told him I wasn't interested.

We buy KFC, I was eating my famous bowl, yummy.

I was enjoying myself and not once did I think of D'yani, we played loud music going up, at some point we had to turn it down because some big truck always comes round the corner