Chapter 2

How's everyone's day or night? Anyone else taking midterms?

Edward:

"She seems lovely." Esme says towards Jasper in regards to Hope.

"Um, Edward, a moment please?" Carlisle asks. I nod, following him. He takes me downstairs to the kitchen.
"What are you going to do about Bella?"

"What do you mean?"

"We all know about Hope, we're vampires too, Edward."
I sighed. I'd been hoping this wasn't about that. I don't know if Bella's noticed, but it's pretty clear neither of them trust each other with how Bella got so defensive over Renesmee when Hope held her.

"What do you suggest I do? Hope doesn't believe in mates, she doesn't want one."

"You know as well as I do, Hope too, that nothing's stronger than a mate bond. Trust me, it'll all work out. You just gotta give Hope some space. As for Bella, you need to tell her." Carlisle had a point, backing away for a few days could allow Hope to come to terms with this. I felt guilty for sending my family into a frenzy a few years ago, all because I'd made a mistake and thought I'd spend forever with Bella. Now she's a vampire, because of me. She died because of me and gave up a normal human life.

"Okay." He pats my shoulder and heads back upstairs. I go up to mine and Bella's room, where I'd suspected she'd be.
"Hey."

"Hey."

"Where's Renesmee?" I ask her.

"With Rose."
I sit beside her on the bed and take her hand in mine.
"Are you okay?"

"Bella, we need to talk. About you and I."

"Did you cheat on me?" She gasps.

"No, I didn't. But, Bella, we can't be together. You're not my mate, Bella." The hurt on her face would've made my heart break any other day, but not right now. Yes I felt guilty, and sad, but I wasn't heartbroken. Because I knew where my true forever was. In the woods, as a wolf.
The memory came back to me. She's a hybrid. I wonder if Jasper knew, but he'd tell us if he did, right?

"Let me guess.... Hope."

"Yes."
She looks away from me, taking a deep breath.

"Renesmee?"

"I'll still be present in her life. I'd never abandon her." I assure. Just because Bella isn't the one I'm meant to spend eternity with doesn't mean I'd leave our daughter. But I do still wonder why Renesmee has some features that resemble Hope.

"Right. I just uh, need a few minutes alone right now Edward." She gets up and leaves the room. I remain sitting on the bed, letting myself get caught up in my thoughts.
It didn't last long, because Rose showed up. She had Renesmee and I thought she was bringing her to me, until she spoke.

"Carlisle needs everyone downstairs. Where's Bella?"

"She went out for a bit. But she'll be back later, let's go."
Rose and I go downstairs, and I take Renesmee from her. Her glistening brown eyes look up at me, and I have never felt more love, than what I feel when I look at Renesmee. She's perfect, extraordinary. I could never again imagine a life as a vampire without her in it. She and Hope hold me here on this earth, no longer Bella.

"Jacob, please join us." Carlisle says. Jacob walks in and stands next to me. He'd imprinted on Renesmee the night she was born. I wasn't comfortable with it, but I couldn't change it either. Bella was pretty pissed, broke a few of Seth's ribs when he tried to protect Jacob.

"For starters, a nomad vamp crossed our territory. I was notified before arriving here by Leah. She'd been with the pack when the smell erupted. They chased it, and dealt with it." Jake announces.