Chapter 14

Previously~
"Bring forth the accuser." Irina was brought forward by two Volturi vampires, in front of the guard at Caius' demand.
They kicked her knee and ripped her head off, shocking everyone.
***********

Hope:

"Irina!" Tanya yelled as Caius lit her body on fire.
The Denali sisters screamed in pain, running forward to get revenge for their sister. Benjamin and Eleazar both moved in to stop them but Kate used her shocking power. Edward grabbed hold of Tanya, Garrett grabbing Kate and withstanding her powers.

"Zafrina," I call. She nods her head, and focuses on the two girls, making them see whatever she wanted them to.

"Give me my vision back," Tanya pleaded.

"Tanya, this is what they want. If you attack now we'll all die."
When Zafrina returned their sight, everyone remained standing where they were. Caius was trying to provoke an attack, to give the Volturi a reason to go to war with us. If we attack first, they have right to destroy this coven and everyone here.

"Pain," Jane says. Edward falls, and I immediately focus in and expand my shield to him. He stands slowly, and I smirk towards Jane. Edward walks back over to me. Jane looks to inflict pain on the other allies, even the wolves, but Bella and I were both putting a shield around them. Jane couldn't do anything.

Once again, Carlisle tries to keep the situation defused. "Aro you see there is no law broken here."

"Agreed, but does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history, humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons designed to destroy us. Only the known are safe, and we know nothing of what this child will become." My stance stood strong next to Renesmee, who sat up on Jacob's back.
"Can we live with such uncertainty?"

Bella glared at Aro. Our attention divided when footsteps sounded. Relief flooded me, as I saw Alice and Jasper walking out of the woods, towards us.
Aro gasped, "Alice."

As they approached the Volturi, guards held them back and Caius stepped forward. You hurt her so help me god.
"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you."

"I have evidence the child won't be a threat to our kind." Alice held out her hand, and Aro allowed her through. He enclosed his hands around hers, staring into the vision in which she showed him. I know Edward can see the entire thing by reading and looking into Alice's mind, and his facial expressions told me it isn't such a good vision. When Aro came out of it, his eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open. He may have witnessed his own demise.
He stared at us, before saying, "The child poses no threat. There will be no fight today."

"But-" Caius begins. Aro puts his hand up, silencing the blonde vampire.

"As agreed, no law has been broken and the child provides no risk to the safety of our kind."

"Conspiring with wolves is a crime," Caius seethes. He really was only looking to start a war.

"I would very well like to add in my input, if I may," I speak up politely. Caius' head snaps to me, eyes glaring. Aro looks at me with an expression I can't quite identify, but allows me to continue.
"Instigating a war doesn't really look too well on your part, does it?"

"No," Aro replies questioningly.

"Then why try and start one Caius? As previously said by both Carlisle and Aro himself, no law has been broken. Give up, and accept defeat."
Caius was fuming. But by the smile on Aro's face and the laugh that escaped him, he didn't seem too offended.