Chapter 32

^^^ angry Hope ._.
I'm already over summer and it's only been like a week.

Hope:

"No, no, no." My thoughts ran wild as multiple emotions swirled through me. I knew being a hybrid allowed me to do a lot of things but to see ghosts isn't one of them.

"Hope."

"Get out of my head," I shouted in frustration. I closed my eyes tightly, and opened them again to notice nothing had changed. A hand rested on my arm and I just stood there, watching in disbelief as my dead best friend stood before me.
This felt unreal, and damn near impossible. I grew dizzy and overwhelmed and Edward's arm wrapped around my waist for support.

"Hope just listen," he pleaded.

"No! I watched you die. I laid you to rest. I held your lifeless body in my own arms and felt your spirit slip away."

"But I'm alive, I didn't die, I'm still here." His hands grabbed mine, and I gasped as I actually felt it. I could touch him, and it was the most frightening thing of all.
I threw my arms around Xavier, still in disbelief that he's actually here. Even if I was hallucinating or if it was a dream, he's still here. It would be easy to blame it all on the pregnancy hormones but when I had that nightmare of watching him die all over again, it began to make sense and still made no sense.

"Why? How?" So many questions rang threw my head and my dizziness grew the more I tried to wrap my head around the fact that Xavier stood before me.
"Do you see him?" I asked Bella, Edward, and Jacob, who had shifted back, gotten dressed, and came back to our side, desperately. They each nodded. I wasn't dreaming.

"I told you, I'm real."

Edward:

I felt nearly as shocked as Hope did, but that was due to us being mates. I never knew Xavier personally so I couldn't at all relate to how she's feeling when staring into the eyes of someone she believed was dead. It was almost like how she looked at Jasper when she thought he was dead, it's just taking her way longer to react.
I allowed her her space, and tried not to make her feel surrounded or suffocated. I stood aside next to Jacob and Bella.

"So this is Xavier? But wasn't he supposed to be dead?" Bella asked.

"Yes, he was."
Hope's skin was unusually pale and her breathing was slower. She dropped and I sped over to catch her. I picked her up and her body fell limp. I carried her back to the house and Jacob opened the door for me to walk through.

"Get a soaked rag!" I called out as we climbed the first set of stairs. I got to the living room and laid her down on the couch.

"Who's that?" Rose asked.

"Now isn't the time. Did Renesmee make it back?" Bella asked concerned.

"Mom, dad!" Renesmee came down the stairs, running towards me and Bella. We hugged her tightly, and then she joined Jacob's side.
I sat down next to Hope and moved her hair out of her face so Carlisle could put a cold washcloth on her forehead.

"She's burning up, I need to check her blood pressure."

"Can it affect the baby?" Rose asked.

"What baby?" Renesmee then questioned.

"Honey, Hope has been pregnant for almost a month now," Bella informed her. "We'll talk about it later."

"Yes, it can," Carlisle responded to Rosalie's question. He left and quickly returned with a sphygmomanometer that attached to the cuff. He wrapped it around her arm and we waited a few moments for the meter to beep.
"Her blood pressure is reading one hundred thirty-five, higher than it's supposed to be but it's not high enough to be a severe health risk. Keep her laid down flat so it can decrease."