Chapter 15

I went from 200 reads to 637 in two weeks, thank you all so much. 😊
There's only going to be this chapter because I've been busy this weekend. I won't be able to write and update next weekend because I'll be in Dallas.
Enjoy!

Edward:

I honestly don't know how to feel. Hope is gone, Irina is dead, we didn't lose many but we lost family.
All of the other covens left for home, and Hope's friends grouped and traveled back to Paris to do a memorial for her with the French Coven. None of them knew when they'd see her again, maybe no one ever will. A prize like Hope, the Volturi would do everything in their power to keep her a secret and hidden away from the entire world. Next to Jane, Alec, Demetri, Felix, and Heidi, Hope is the Volturi's strongest weapon.

"How are you two doing?" Alice asks Jasper and I as she joins everyone in the living room. She had wanted to put Renesmee to sleep this evening.

"We shouldn't have asked her to help," Jasper replies. I felt the same way but didn't want to make Jasper feel even guiltier than he already does.
I didn't necessarily blame Jasper, I'm the one who gave them a definite yes to attempt to contact her, so I was at fault more than anyone else here and I think that's what's slowly killing me.

"There's nothing we can do, you know that," Esme says gently. "If there was, we would."

Even though I was hurting here, I couldn't imagine how Hope is feeling there. She's always been afraid of what the Volturi would do to her, and while anything could be happening to her I'm not there to stop it.
I'm only one to blame.

Hope:

Aro and I approached the steps to the Volturi's lair, and my anxiety only grew. I felt like I'd be sick. I've lived for over a century but I wasn't ready to die yet.
He led me inside, and took me up an elevator. We ended up in a large room with three chairs in the middle, and a long table to the far right of the entrance, covered with books. Caius and Marcus were in two of the chairs, the one in the middle empty. I'm guessing that was Aro's throne.

He took his place there, and then called for Jane and Heidi.
"Take Hope to her bedroom, I've already made preparations to have it made specifically for her."

Heidi and Jane took me out of the room and down a long hallway that went further into the building. We went up two flights of stairs, and they gave me a tour on our way. They showed me where both of their rooms were along with Alec's, Demetri's, Aro's, Caius', Marcus', and Felix's. The guard are the only vampires the kings can actually trust with everything, so I am to go to them if the kings are not available. I feel like a slave.
It's better than being killed. True.

My bedroom was a little too extravagant for my taste, like the mansion Pierre, Camille, and Julia built for me. Only the theme was dark.
Red themed with a gold accent, the windows covered, a dark oak vanity that matches the same material bedside tables, vases of flowers on a coffee table and a standing table, and a little seating area. Jane opened a door that I thought was the closet but actually it was a huge ass library with another tiny seating area and a cushioned couch with drapes hanging over it. It had the same gold and red as my bedroom. Then they showed me a walk in closet, which was already filled with clothes in my style, and a dark bathroom.

"Get settled, the kings will see you shortly," Jane said. They both left, closing the door behind them.
I sat on the bed and sighed. I missed Edward, the Cullens, and my friends. But as much as I hate this, I did it for Renesmee. In the end, I fulfilled my job, to protect her at all costs, which meant sacrificing the life I once had.