Chapter 8

Happy Saturday loves!
If it's Saturday for you... time zones in all.
Anyways, how are you?

Hope:

I dressed in my usual style today. Dark jeans with a black T-shirt and a brown leather jacket over it. I wore my brown heeled boots that matched perfectly. I added an arrow necklace, in which belonged to my mother. She gave it to me on my seventeenth birthday, not knowing that night, she'd wake up the next morning to a neat and empty bedroom.
I also put on two rings, a wedding set, on my right hand. They were my sister's. Granted I had two, Clementine, my second younger sister, got married first at the age of twenty-two.

Years ago~

I stood behind a tree, watching everyone leave as the service came to an end. I had hidden myself, because my youngest sibling, my brother Bastien, was alive and well. So as he left, I hid behind the tree and then came out to look at the grave. The coffin was lowered and the dirt was set on top of it until the hole was filled. Clementine, my second younger sister, had passed. She was young, only thirty-eight. She was killed by vampires who crushed her completely. I'd seen the autopsy reports made by a vampire doctor.

My sister's husband, whom I've never met, stood there silently. I felt a tug on the long coat I was wearing during this windy autumn day. I looked down to see a child, one that looked oddly familiar.
"Did you know my mommy?" She asked with a cute little voice. She had tear stained cheeks and big watery brown eyes. Her blonde hair was curled and blowing in the wind.

"Yes, I did." This was my sister's daughter, and I had just let the tears go. The child thought I was crying because of Clementine's death, but really I was crying because this little girl was my niece and she had such a striking resemblance to Clementine.

"My name is Nadia, here you go," she handed me two rings, a wedding set, "they were my momma's. I think you should have them. It seems like you two were really close. Take them, and remember she'll always be in your heart."
I bent down to her level, as tears still pooled from my eyes.

"It's really nice to meet you Nadia. My name is Nadja, but I go by Hope."

"You're French?" She asked. I nodded my head and she smiled. "Me too! My momma had a sister named Hope."
Her dad watched us with such proudness and love towards his daughter.

"You have a really big heart Nadia, thank you. She did?" For such a young child, she was brilliant and sweet. She was just like Clemmy.

"Yeah, momma said she died a long time ago. I hope to see you again Nad... Nadj-"

"Nadi." I interrupted her calmly. She was having a little trouble pronouncing Nadja. I laughed at her stumbling.
"Go on, go back to your dad, I'm sure he's wondering about you." She ran back to her dad, who picked her up and swung her. Her laughter filled the cemetery, brightening any down mood. Even mine.

I mumbled to myself, "I love you Nadia."

Present~

That was the last time I ever saw my niece. And I still wore those rings, in honor of my sister's memory. I'm sure my family is watching down on me with such distaste and disapproval. I do go home every once in a while, now that I think about it, it's getting close to the time I usually do go down there.
I ignored that though, I could plan a trip to Paris later. Right now I had to get to the Cullens' so we could begin working on tracking Bella and getting Renesmee. When I got there, the wolves had just showed up, coming out of the tree line in shorts and no shirts, as usual. For some reason wolves never wear shirts, I never understood why.