Chapter 28

Good evening loves! We hit 6k!! I can't believe we've almost hit 30 chapters. Hopefully many more to come. I'm hoping to make this story last longer than Flames did.
Also this is being finished today, Thursday, instead of yesterday because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't go to school today. It's officially summeeeerrr!

Hope:

"What do you mean Carter?" Yvette asked as she, Henri, Edward and Dakota joined beside me.

"We saw wolves attack a group of our vampires this morning Yvette."

"That doesn't mean they were our wolves," one of the pack warriors said sternly.

"Well whoever's wolves they were, they broke the accords. Now we want something in return," this vampire, Carter, hissed.

"Anything, just let them go," I pleaded. I'm not one for innocent women and children being hurt. And I sure wasn't about to let it happen to the pack I'm now supposed to protect.

"A life for a life. Our good friend Sage was killed during the attack. Her head was ripped from her body. So here's what's going to happen, you have one of two options: A, you pick and choose anyone, just one, wolf to meet the same fate Sage did. Or, b, my four friends here are going to kill all six of these women and children."
Screams of fear and sobs erupted from those surrounding us, praying their families would be alright. The children clung to the older women even if they weren't their mothers.

"Or third option, c, you leave now and let every single one of them go. Don't, and you'll all meet the same fate as your precious Sage."

"Hope-" Yvette started.

"Yvette, I don't pledge loyalty to your coven. My wolves come first, I'm sorry, but they overstepped. If they don't get off our territory in the next three minutes, each of these pack warriors will kill your rogue vampires, no hesitation."

"Carter, please. We will make a memorial for Sage, just go," Yvette pleaded.

"Seriously? Sage stayed loyal to you!" Carter shouted. Those being held hostage flinched, and kept close together. I was going to have to do this the hard way.
He stepped forward, and my hand went up. Seven pack warriors charged forward, two going after Carter, and the other five going after the other four vampires. I went around, Edward calling my name to stop me but I ignored it. I had to get the children and women away safely before they got caught in the crossfire.

"Come with me," I urged. They all got up and sprinted away from the fighting with me, and I stopped next to Edward while they continued running to find their families.
I called out to those fighting the vampires, "Only restrain them! I'll deal with them myself."

When the vampires were held to a point where they couldn't escape, I went one by one. My hazel eyes turned into that red with golden swirls and now they looked at me, frightened. I ripped off the heads of each of the vampires, and set them on fire.

"Let this be a lesson. Wolf or vampire, whoever attacks the other and I find proof of it, I will give whatever punishment deems fit."
Edward and I spent a few extra hours there learning who everyone is, and I seemed to get along well with one of the pack warriors. His name is Samuel, and apparently he's the great grandson of Liam and Sophia, and he loves to shit talk them as much as I do. While Edward and I are away from the pack's lands, Samuel is in charge and if anything is to happen he will text or call me. So now Edward and I can have alone time on our honeymoon without needing to be here twenty-four seven.

Edward:

"Is your burn healed?" I asked as I threw away an empty bag of animal blood. Hope is cooking herself chicken enchiladas.