Chapter 30

I'm gonna watch Mulan after this because for some reason I want to see Mushu, he's hilarious.

Hope:

I looked out the window at the city we were about to leave as Edward drove us to the airport. The sound of the pouring rain brought me calm and comfort. I leaned my head against the window and looked ahead at the windshield that was constantly wiping away the rain. Our stuff was packed in the trunk of our rental car. We were going to have a private flight, just like we did on the way here to avoid suspicion of humans. If we fly into sunny weather, Edward will light up like a lamp and we don't need to risk that kind of exposure.
When we showed up, Edward told me to stay in the car as he got out and talked to the flight attendant and pilots. My phone rang, it was Rose.

"Hope?"

"Hey Rose."

"Carlisle told us you guys are coming home early. Is everything okay?"

"Who are you with Rose?"

"Alice, Esme, Jasper, Bella, Jacob, Ness, and Emmett. Why?"

"I don't want Ness to know anything yet."

"Jake got her to go downstairs to join Leah and Seth. Can you tell us what's wrong now?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh shit," I heard Emmett say.

"Yeah."

"Wow, uh, okay. Well, we're here for you, anything you need Hope. Get home safely, we love you."

"I love you guys too. I have to go, Edward's coming."
I hung up the phone just as Edward came to my door and opened it. I got out of the car and he led me towards the small plane. Our stuff was already loaded up so when we were sitting, the pilots let the plane take off.

*******

Edward:

I looked up from the book I was reading and at her peaceful and delicate face as she lay across from me on a long couch with her sweater over her, sleeping.
When we landed, I carried her to my car that Alice drove to the airport to pick us up. I laid her down in the backseat and then helped Alice put our stuff into the trunk. I got into the passenger seat and she drove us out of Seattle, back home to the small town of Forks.

"Any explanation for your early return?" She asked.

"Can't we just come home early to see our beloved family?" I responded sarcastically. "I know Hope told you."

"She didn't have to, I saw it."

"I thought you couldn't see past wolves?" I asked.

"I can't," she said. "But I guess she's just different. Maybe it's because she's a hybrid, I don't know. But a couple weeks ago I got a vision, of a baby, surrounded by love from all of us."

"Was Hope in it?"

"I didn't see her."
That rose my anxiety. The thought of losing Hope to death frightened me.
"Calm Edward, we won't lose her."

When we got home, I gently woke Hope. Everyone was already waiting for us on the front porch as we drove up the driveway and Alice slowed the car to a stop. I got out and opened Hope's door for her, taking her hand as she stepped out. We rounded the car and walked up the stairs where our family hugged us.

"Jasper, Emmett, do you mind helping Alice carry things in? I'm going to take Hope upstairs so she can sleep."

"Of course," Emmett responded. Hope rubbed her eyes sleepily as we climbed the stairs and walked down the hall to our room. I kissed her goodnight and shut the door so she could sleep. When I got back downstairs, my family was in the living room and our bags and suitcases sat beside the bottom of the staircase.