Chapter 17

I have some spare time right now so I'm writing this before I go to school tomorrow.

Hope:

It was a long drive, and I was drained as hell. I hadn't slept the last twenty-four hours but all of the work and driving we put into this exhausted me more. I was ready to go to bed, but I knew I'd have to stay when we bring Daryl, Sofia, and Isabelle in.
I was happy when we arrived, because that meant all I had left to do was sit through the boring conversation about our trip and whatnot, and then I could finally sleep.

We walked down the corridors in an order. Jane and I led the way, while Alec walked behind Sofia with Isabelle, and Demetri walked beside Daryl. There was no way in hell I was going to leave those two to think of a way out of here, certainly not after all the exhaustion I've had to put up with while finding them.
Jane opened the large doors and there sat Aro, Caius, and Marcus. Aro seemed surprised, and stood quickly.

"Well, this happened quicker than anticipated," his eyes then landed on Isabelle and Sofia. "And you brought friends?"

"Long story short, this is Sofia, Daryl's lover, and her daughter Isabelle. She's not Daryl's, she's fully human. Daryl turned her after Isabelle was born."

"Ah, I see. Bring the vampire forward." Demetri pushed Daryl which told him to start walking. They passed all of us, and Daryl's eyes met with Sofia's.
"You know why you are here, yes?"
Daryl nodded.
"Then you know what your punishment will be."
Daryl nodded again, looking down at the floor.
"Why did you kill humans?"
Daryl stayed silent, which fired Caius up.
"Speak!"

"For blood."

"You think that is a legitimate excuse?!" Caius' voice echoed throughout the room.

"Calm, brother," Aro told Caius. "I want to speak to the girl."
I brought Sofia forth, keeping her a far away enough distance from Daryl.

"Don't any of you dare kill him," she says with a stern look. I knew Caius was almost at his limit, he's very short tempered and surely doesn't like being disrespected.
But Sofia hasn't been taught the laws and the proper ways to address the Volturi, so they'll definitely kill Daryl, and might kill Sofia as well.

"Watch your tone child," Caius spits.

"I think she needs to be taught some things, don't you agree bothers?" Marcus and Caius say nothing, so Aro proceeds.
"Take the child away, put her in Hope's quarters for now. Kill the criminal."
Alec then leaves with the baby, I don't know why Aro sent her to my room. Jane uses her gift on Daryl, and I walk right over from Sofia's side to him and tear his head off. Sofia screams and tries to attack me but Demetri holds her back.

"What do you wish to do here Hope?" Aro asks. I wanted to have a heart, I truly did, so she could walk out of here with her baby, but I just couldn't. It's not because she tried to attack me, I understood why she wanted to, but she doesn't know the laws and she could kill humans. She could put them in danger, and I can't risk the safety of the community by releasing her.

"Kill her."
Without another thought, Demetri rips her head off and let's it fall to the floor. Jane sets fire to both bodies, and I watch as the two burn up in flames.
I left the throne room and went to my bedroom. I was so tired, I could care less about the child and Alec, I just wanted sleep.

"You okay?" Alec asked as I plopped onto my bed.

"Yeah, just exhausted."

"Get some sleep, I'll take Isabelle to Jane's room until you're well rested."

"Thank you Alec." We give each other a soft smile and when he leaves my room, I drift off to sleep.

********