Chapter 5

Check in, how are you?
I've been watching Shadowhunters and daaaaamn jace is really hot yall.

Hope:

I dressed way more out of my usual style today. I wore dark jeans with a green floral tank top covered in pink flowers. Over it I had a white sweater and wore a necklace that looked like a dreamcatcher with three charms dangling from it. I paired it all with brown heeled boots. It was a cool windy day in Forks. Being up north, especially in September, the weather is shifting from summer to autumn. Today is one of those autumn days, so I dressed warmly. Plus, I don't normally look as cute as today.

I'd only been in Forks for about three or four days. I still spend my nights in my motel. Edward and Bella's drama takes a bit of a toll on me because I was called by Carlisle and if we're being technical, Jasper too, to protect Renesmee from the Volturi. My real concern is protecting her from her mother.
Bella's fallen off the wagon learning Edward doesn't want to be with her because I'm his mate. I believe she's potentially dangerous for all of us, even the Quileutes. Edward's explained her relationship with them to me. She's quite close with them because Billy, Jacob's dad, is close friends with Bella's dad, Charlie. And because of her friendship with Jacob, she's friends with the packs.

I entered the Cullens' house, and instantly caught the scent of wolves. Following the scents, I was lead to the upstairs living room that was located on the third floor. Sam, the alpha of the Uley pack, and the other members turned and faced me.
Sam nodded his head as a formal way of greeting me. Paul just gave me an icy glare. The other wolves simply remained silent and kept their expressions towards me neutral. Leah and Seth were here with their alpha, Jacob. Seth ran up to me and hugged me. Seth's only fourteen, and we haven't talked much but I like him. He's kind and welcoming, and always sees the good in people unless they're a threat to those close to him. He reminds me of me when I was younger. Leah just gave me a nod, like Sam. And Jacob, well, he's Jacob.

"What's going on?" I realized that if all the wolves were here, this was serious. I hadn't been called in for an emergency, but I think it's good I drove over here early this morning.

"Bella has Renesmee, and we can't find her." Carlisle explains.

"We searched pack territory, the beach, and Charlie's house. He got a call from Bella this morning saying she'd be out of town for a bit and that it was a last moment decision, so he wouldn't be suspicious if we came asking questions about where she's at. She played this smart." Sam added on to Carlisle's news.

"Well who was watching Ness?" I ask.

"Jacob." Edward replies. I had half a mind to go over there and detach his esophagus from his throat, but remained standing where I was and managed to calm down.

"Jake, I have a feeling she's about to beat your ass." Seth chuckled, earning a hit in the arm from Leah.

"Language." Leah scolded him.
Jacob rolled his eyes and ignored Seth's comment. But he kept eyeing me. He seriously still thought I was a threat? Especially after the wolves attacked me first? I simply fought back in self defense.

"We've all tried calling Bella, just goes to voicemail." Esme says worriedly.

"Where would she go? She has no friends that are vampires." Rose asks. Then something dawned on me, and I suddenly had an idea of places she could be.

"No, but she has human friends. You all went to the same high school right?"

"Hope, you're the smartest person ever." Edward says. "Let's go, we're bringing my daughter back home."
Edward leads us into town and towards one of Bella's friends houses. He said we'd first go to Angela's. As a human, Angela was considered Bella's best friend due to her kind and gentle nature, meaning if Bella was to go to any of her friends for hiding, Angela should be the first one she goes to.