Chapter 12

Good morning or night, or evening, or afternoon. Whatever it is for you, we'll just go with good day. How are y'all?

Edward:

"So. Hope's back," Bella says as we both sat on the bed in Renesmee's room. She laid between us, asleep.

"She is."

"Edward, I'm sorry okay? I don't want things to be awkward for us. Renesmee isn't a baby anymore, she knows what's going on now and the energy we give off, she feeds on. It affects her too."

"I know that Bella. But you made things harder on yourself when you decided to take Renesmee and leave, all because we found out you weren't my mate," I replied, frustrated with her words.

"Well what did you want me to do? We were madly in love until she showed up, then everything changed."

"Come on Bella, I'm sure we knew after you woke up and became a vampire that things felt different between us," I said.

"Do you think I'll ever meet my real mate?" She asked quietly, looking down.

"It took me one hundred five years, but yes I think you will. It may just take a while," I answer.

Hope:

Edward and Bella went upstairs to lay Renesmee down for the night, so that left me with the Cullens, and Sam and Jacob's packs. Our vampire and wolf friends all went outside to talk and get to know each other. Some of the vampires didn't exactly like the idea of working with the wolves but we need all the help we can get, and that includes my wolf friends.
Four new vampires had showed up, Garrett and Alistair, nomad vamps that Carlisle knows. And then the last remaining vampires of the Romanian coven, Vladimir and Stefan. Their coven was wiped out by the Volturi, and they came to side with us for revenge. But they definitely wouldn't be happy if a war didn't break out between our teams.

It was awkward, standing here with them. Except Seth, he was the only one who openly expressed being happy that I'm back. The others, not so much.

"So, Kate told us you copied her gift. That's new," Esme says softly. I had learned the names of the Denali's on the way over here. Tanya was the curly haired blonde, Kate the straight haired blonde, both sisters of Irina. Their mother, Sasha, founded their coven. She was executed for breaking the law, and making an immortal child, Vasilii. He was executed along with her, and Tanya assumed leadership. Then there's Eleazar, the male, and his mate the dark haired female, Carmen. Eleazar has the gift of ability identification, he has the ability to sense the type and strength of gifted vampires' talents, and Kate the gift of psychic electrokinesis.

"Yes I did. I have the ability to copy one's gift and use it in the same way."

"Did you ever do that to Alice, Jasper, or Edward?" Rose asks.

I chuckled, "No, I didn't. I only copy another vampire's gift when I or someone is attacked. I copy the power through touch and reiterate the attack back on them."

"Then why Kate's?" Carlisle questions.

"Kate shocked Edward, and Tanya was about to help. I took care of Kate, Bella went after Tanya and held her back," I reply.

"Mates," Rose says in a fake dreamy voice with a cheeky smile.

"Okay it's not like that," I laugh. "I would've done the same for anyone here."
I really would've. They may all be mad at me but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do what I did with Kate for any one of them.

"We're sorry, for overreacting." Rose apologized to me. I heard that when Bella first came around Rose was cautious, jealous, and didn't like Bella at all. Then came the pregnancy, and Rose started opening up to Bella. Rose lowered her walls and they became good friends. Edward told me she was the first one to stand up for Bella and the baby. Now Rose is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet.