Chapter 22

Fun fact: I was watching the twilight movies just a few minutes ago lol. And my sister got me sick so that's fun.

Hope:

"Hope!" Seth yelled as he ran and hugged me.

"Hey little wolf," I said ruffling his hair. The Cullens, Jake, and I got back a few hours ago from Baltimore. Being back in Forks brought up many memories, one being of that motel room, god it was awful.

"I have something to tell you four," Jake began, referring to Seth, Leah, Quil, and Embry.
"Hope is a member of this pack now."

"What?" Paul asked, hardly able to keep his surprised in. Yes I hugged Paul the day I left, but we still aren't on the best of terms. He and I's personalities clash, and it's not always pretty.

"Yes!" Seth says, forcing me to laugh.

"She's more than just a leech, Paul. She has wolf in her too, which is why she belongs to both sides. A new Cullen, and a pack member." I smiled at Jacob, but it was ruined with a yawn. It's almost nine, and I was still feeling drowsy from the late night with the Volturi and the moving to Forks from Baltimore. I hadn't slept in at least two days, maybe longer.
Edward took my hand and slipped me away from our friends. He led me upstairs to his room, and the bed was still there that he added for me when I returned from Paris.

"Get some rest, and when you wake, I'll be right by your side."
I laid down, and drifted off into the familiarity and longing of the comforting darkness.

When I woke the next day, I was indeed met with those lovely gold eyes and brown hair.
"Good morning."
"Morning."
"Get dressed, you and I are going somewhere in an hour." His smile made me wonder what he had planned for us, but I nodded, and smiled to myself as he left the bedroom. I guess this is where I'd be staying from now on, not that I'm complaining.

I dressed casually, ready for the warmth of the spring air in a simple but cute sundress. It's white, short, and strapless with little pink flowers all over it. I added comfortable but cute sandals, my arrow necklace, and my sister's wedding and engagement rings. I pulled half my hair up and put it into a small and cute bun, and then did simple and nude eyeshadow with mascara.
When I finished getting ready, I went downstairs. Edward was standing and talking with Rosalie, Jasper, Emmett, and Alice.

"You ready?" He asked me. I nodded and we smiled at each other.

"Have fun," Alice beamed. I gave her a confused smile but followed Edward. He took my hand in his and led me out the door. I had thought we would get into his car but he took me past the tree line and into the woods.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"You'll see," he laughed. I rolled my eyes but followed him nonetheless. He took me to an open field full of tall flowers and grass. It was a beautiful day out, the cool breeze mixed with the comfortable warm air, the clear skies, and the sunlight that made Edward light up like a lamp.

We laid on our backs side by side and found relaxation. He turned on his side and smiled sheepishly.
"I wanted to ask you something."

Turning on my side as well, I smiled back. "Okay?"

"I was talking with Alice last night while you slept and... I know it's been ten years since I've seen you, and we never even admitted to dating or even went on an actual date, but.. Hope I'd like you to marry me. It's sudden, I know, but we're mates, and I knew from the moment I looked into your mysterious hazel eyes, that it was and always will be you."
It wasn't even hard to think about. It was as easy to say yes to my forever than it is to kiss your dog. He was right about never being on a date, or being girlfriend and boyfriend, but when you're mates I think girlfriends and boyfriends are irrelevant. This is the person I'm supposed to spend my vampire eternity with, not sure I can put up with him for that long but we'll see.