Chapter 21

How are you all doing?
I started this chapter yesterday morning now it's Sunday morning and I'm writing while I'm trying to do my makeup. This will be a shorter chapter, at least half of what I normally write because I have to get ready. My grandparents are coming from Dallas to celebrate my brothers birthday late.
Also, Renesmee above. And happy Easter! 🐰🐣🐇

Hope:

"Are the wolves in Baltimore with you guys?" I asked as Edward drove. Alice was beside him in the passenger seat and I sat in the back next to Jasper. Rose, Bella and Emmett were in his car behind us.

"No, just Jake. Leah is in charge of the Black pack right now, and Quil and Embry joined it."

"Well I figured at least Jacob would move around with y'all, with the whole Renesmee being his imprint thing."

"She's tall," Jasper laughed. "How was it with Aro?"

"I was treated well, I was valued. I became quick friends with the Guard, but my friendship with Demetri didn't bloom too fast when I arrived. It took him and I a while but we're good now. And then there's Caius who, of course, didn't like me from the start but bit his tongue for Aro."

"And who's that Isabelle girl?"

"The first mission Aro sent me on was to find a vampire who'd killed humans. We tracked him down, ended up finding his newborn vampire girlfriend and her human baby. Brought them all back, vampires were killed and Aro made the decision to let her grow up with us, and give her a choice to be turned when she's eighteen or to stay a human. But because of her knowledge of us, she has to remain with the Volturi if she chooses to stay human."

"So basically you killed a baby's parents and then raised her?" Alice asked.

"Yes. I did what I had to do, I did my job." I know not all of my missions were the easiest, some of them were a little more challenging but my job is my job and I stuck to that. Every time I was in a rocky place, I reminded myself that this wouldn't be the worst I'd have to face and I kept going.
The rest of the ride was silent. It only took about thirty minutes from the airport until we reached the Cullens' home. I knew because it was modern, big, and secluded. Just as their house in Forks was.

Edward and Emmett grabbed my things from the trunk, which I greatly appreciated. Jasper held my hand as we walked up to the door, and I started to feel excitement bubbling up within me. The only ones I hadn't seen yet were Esme, Carlisle, Jacob, and Ness.
Jasper opened the door and everyone stepped inside. It was breathtaking. I had to admit, the Cullens have wonderful taste when picking out homes to live in even if it's just for about five years.

"You're all back, finally." I heard Esme's voice followed by footsteps as she, Carlisle, and Jake walk out into the living room where we all stood.

"Y'all have been gone forever," Jake rolled his eyes.
Esme gasped when she saw me next to Jasper, and quickly came to me and threw her arms around me. I laughed and hugged her back.

"It's good to see you Esme."

"Aro let you come home?" Carlisle asked. "He's never done that for anyone." The word 'home' stunned me for a minute, but I spoke anyway.

"Aro and I's relationship is... he's like a father to me. And Edward's argument was enough to get through to him. But I did promise to visit."

"Good to have you back vamp," Jake smiled softly. We never established a friendship, in fact most of the time we spent bickering, but we did manage to form a mutual respect for each other.

"You can't just label me as a vamp, because I'm a hybrid, but I'll let it slide just this once." We both laughed and he rolled his eyes. "Wait, where's Ness?"

"Renesmee!" Bella called. Footsteps sounded from the stairs as a strikingly beautiful girl descended from them and stopped to stand beside Jacob.

"Mom who is this?"

"Renesmee? My lord you've grown."

"Hope?"

"Yeah," I smiled. A smile made its way to her lips and she jogged over to me and gave me a hug. Renesmee and I bonded well ever since I first met her, and she was one of the ones I'd missed the most when I first left.
"Your eyes, they're hazel." I said in wonder.

"We don't know, they just kind of morphed into a brown and green," Bella responded. "Her eyes always reminded us of yours."

"We also have good news," Carlisle began. "We may be able to move back to Forks."
Renesmee's face beamed bright, and she jumped around Jacob in excitement.

"Ness stop jumping before you fall and give yourself a concussion," Bella chuckled. She did so, but still didn't hide the big smile on her face.

"I'll be able to see Seth," I squealed. Seth was basically the first friend I had when I first joined the Cullens' side, and the one friend that remained even after the lie of my hybrid nature came out.

"He's missed you," Jake said.

"I hear Quil and Embry left Sam's pack and joined yours. And that Leah's in charge."

"They're all a handful but that's what responsibilities come along with being an alpha," he responded.

"I've never experienced it," I said sadly, "or ever being in a pack again, for that matter. My parents were alphas. I was the oldest of four, and I was supposed to take over the Allaire-Monet pack when I turned eighteen or whenever my parents decided to step down."

"Well consider yourself as being in one now." I was happy, Jake welcomed me, and is being nicer even after I lied to him. I knew he was happy to see me go with Aro, but it feels nice that he's happy I'm back too. Ten years must've been enough for a good self reflection. Good job Jakey.

I promise to update tomorrow before I go back to school Tuesday. For now have an amazing Easter.