Chapter 20

I'm at 25 votes right now, can we please hit 30 within the next three chapters?
Also, her outfit is above and the picture of Phoebe is her makeup and hair.

Hope:

After our day of shopping, me getting food, and us getting manicures, we girls had what we call 'Tea Time' —where we discuss any kind of drama— while we got ready. There isn't much since our friend group only consists of the other Guard members.

"I know you both deny it, but when will you realize that you like Alec?" Heidi asked with her Italian accent.

"We're friends Heidi, we've both admitted that several times."

"There's something there Hope," Jane responds.

"Jane, what about that guy you had to flirt with a few months back on a mission to get information?" I ask, changing the subject.

"I was doing my job!"

"That was more than just doing your job. You ended up with his number and you've both been texting. I'm not blind, I see his name pop up on your phone screen when we hang out."
Her cheeks glowed pink, and me and Heidi both smirked. She hasn't even applied blush to her face yet, she was still working on foundation.

"Do your makeup and hush," she says with a teasing tone and an eye roll. I laughed, and continued doing my eyeliner. My makeup is always subtle, normally only neutral eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner, but I added a full face, did my brows, and put on red lipstick. Our outfits were the funnest part. I haven't felt this sexy and beautiful in a long time, nor have I dressed up since I was in Paris.

I wore a sparkly black two piece spaghetti strap mini dress with two straps that crisscrossed over my ribs, and the skirt came up over my belly button. It also had a deep v-neck that showed cleavage. It was basically a bra and a skirt put together by two straps to make it a dress. I had bought lace-up peep-toe stiletto booties to go with it. My entire outfit was black, even my nails, because black is superior in my eyes. The only thing that wasn't black, were the rings that belonged to my sister. I don't always wear them, but tonight I wanted to.
Jane chose a less revealing dress. It's a metallic gold long sleeve mini dress that has a high v-neck and the dress shoes nothing but leg. It looks cute on her though. Instead of stilettos she picked comfy-looking block heel sandals.
Heidi had a dark red wine colored spaghetti strap pencil dress which had a low scoop neck. The sides of the dress were cutout to reveal from under the chest to the end of the dress and was held together by thin layers of dark red string. She added sparkly black stiletto point-toe mesh fishnet thigh-high boots.

We left the hotel in the new suv that I named Vanilla because it's a white-beige color. It didn't take Alec long to get us to one of the best clubs in Baltimore. It also happened to be one for vampires, which was good.
I went straight to the bar and ordered a mojito— which is basically a minty cocktail— a Cuban drink that I discovered while in Cuba. It's made of white rum, lime, sugar, mint, and soda water. The drink is a clear liquid with mint leaves in it.

Something felt off as I sat there by myself drinking alcohol. Perhaps it was the old looking vampire that sat across the bar staring at me with a look of desire, but it wasn't. I couldn't tell what it was but I tried my best to ignore the feeling, and go find Alec. Last I remembered he was standing with the other Guard members when I left them to get a drink.
I found him at the other side of the club at the bar where you get blood shots.

"Hey," I said as I walked up to him.

"Hi, you alright? You look a little drained."

"Aw you care," I tease him. "Yes I'm fine."