Chapter 35

^^^ a photo collage of Renesmee and Edward, from baby Ness to grown Ness.
Check in, how are all of you?
We're so close to 40 chapters, it's crazy. We've hit over 9k reads and I am so beyond grateful to everyone who has read this story and has voted, and to those who have been reading since I started this book. It means a lot to me. And we're almost to 200 votes!
I do know that this next chapter, there will be a three month time jump and she will go into labor. It will be action filled and dramatic so hopefully y'all enjoy it.

Hope:

Hope:

"Good morning," Edward smiled from the armchair next to a large bookshelf.

"Morning."

"How are you feeling?" Recently the baby's kicks have been getting stronger, probably because my diet has been blood the last few days. I started to feel weak and tired, and Carlisle said at this point in my pregnancy, human food wasn't going to cut it. I understand my family's concern for me and my health, but I know I am strong enough.

"Pretty good. Edward, I'm not fragile okay? I will be okay, no matter what happens."
There was a knock on the door and Alice walked in with a cup of blood.

"Breakfast is served mama bear."

"Thank you Alice." When I finished, Edward and I joined our family downstairs. Surprisingly, the wolves were here.
"Here's something you don't see everyday."

"Hope, how are you feeling?" Sam asked with a respectful nod.

"Fine, thank you. What's with the visit? Not that I'm not thrilled to see young Seth and Leah, and the most cheerful wolf Paul, but normally you're not here without a reason." Everyone here knew I was sarcastic when I referred to Paul, even he knew it. It's always funny to mess around with him, but I never go too far with it like he does. I'm just glad he's learned to control his temper because if he dares to lay a hand on me and becomes a threat to my child, I will break every bone in those hands.

"Just wanted to make you all aware of nomads passing through here and there. They've been a little more recent than usual, definitely something the wolves have been looking into," Sam responded.

"Thank you," Carlisle said politely. Nomads cross territories all the time, some even come into contact with the wolves and/or vampires who reside there, and some attack. Nomad vamps can be dangerous and it's good that the wolves have been keeping an eye on them and keeping track of how many times nomads are on our lands.

"Hope if you're strong enough to survive this, do you think there will be more kids in the future?" Rose asked after the wolves left.

"I am strong enough, but I'm not sure about more. If so, more of those to love, but if not Ness and this baby will be enough for me." I'm not sure if I was trying to convince them or myself. Of course I'm scared of the possibilities, and I have thought about death. I'm strong, I know that, I'm just no sure if being a hybrid will be able to save me from this.

Edward:

I've been trying not to annoy Hope with my constant worrying, which I've been pretty good at. We've spent a lot of time at the beach and in the meadow, both just us and with family. We all enjoy getting out of the house sometimes, it's refreshing. Hope loves it especially, I remember her telling me once that the beach was her safe place. 'The waves don't judge me here, neither does the sand, or the rocks, the sky, the cliff. I'm free to be who I am here.' That was before her secret was revealed to my family.

I look back on everything that's happened the past eleven years, and I'm astonished by how much we went through and how it led us to this point. I'm not one to think back over to the past but we've come so far. I found my mate, I'm married, I'm about to have my second miracle child, ten years of agony being away from Hope not knowing if she was okay, it was a lot. I'm so glad I found her because she and Renesmee have been the very light of my existence. I'm a better man and a better vampire because of them. Whether I get another daughter or a son, I'm happy. My family will always mean the most to me.

It's short, I know and I'm sorry. Please comment any ideas you have for this book to take place, cause I'm running dry yall lol.