Chapter 7

I've already decided I am doing a shadowhunters fanfic! However that is tbd.
Check in, how are you all doing??

Jacob:

The wolves and I stared at Hope with wonder and confusion. I'm trying to figure her out. Normally we can only look into a mind or hear or see thoughts of wolves in our pack, or that are linked to us like imprints.
So how the hell were we able to see glimpses of a man and then a void?

As the Cullens remained talking, Hope left the room. So I followed her. She went to the backyard and stopped.
"Yes Jacob?" She seemed annoyed, but I also caught a sense of knowing in her tone as well. As if she knew why I followed her.

"What are you?" I ask, with demand in my voice.

"I don't answer to you, and I don't know what you're talking about." She replied so calmly, with confidence. She was so good at fooling and manipulating but I honestly wasn't falling for it. Okay maybe I was, she's good alright?

"You do know, Hope. I don't know what kind of sick game you're playing but you keep your leech mind closed off to us. Got it?" That's when she turned around and faced me. She seemed utterly confused.

"Us?"

"Yes Hope," I roll my eyes, "the wolves."

"You're not supposed to see my mind," she said, eyes wide. "What did you see?" She demands as she stalks towards me.

I growled at her to warn her to keep her distance, but she remained coming towards me until she was in arms length.
"What did you see?" She emphasizes each word with a dangerous tone.

"Why does it matter? It's nothing important Hope. What we should be asking is why we are able to see inside your mind?"

"There's nothing to be asking, stay out of my head." With that, she left and went back inside. I didn't follow her this time, instead I just went back to the living room where the Cullens and packs were. The wolves all gave me a look. Sam's pack knew without needing to read my mind, not that they could anyway, but Sam could. I have limited telepathy with alphas, so in close proximity I can communicate with them, and in turn communicate to the pack through mine and Sam's minds.
But we agreed to talk about it later, right now we were strictly focused on getting Renesmee and bringing Bella back before she does anything reckless.

Hope:

This worried me.
If the wolves figured out that I'm a hybrid, they'd tell the Cullens and they'd all take me to the Volturi, and if that happens they'd either force me to do inhumane things or kill me by seeing me as too much of an untamed threat. And I wanted neither of those options. I knew lying to them would set a lot of fights off especially with the Cullens, but I couldn't tell them what I was.
Only Edward knew what I was, and I was completely grateful he hadn't told anyone. I know he only did it because I'm his mate and the one committed to protecting his daughter and fighting alongside them against the Volturi, but I was still grateful and relieved.

I sat in Rose and Emmett's bedroom, thinking to myself. There was a knock on the door, and I gave a small 'come in.' It was Rose, Alice and Esme.
"Hey," I said softly. They sat next to me on the bed.

"You okay?" Esme asks.

"I'm fine, just needed time to myself," I reply. "What's up?"

"When are you going to get with Edward?" Alice asks me with a smile.

"I- what?" I was taken aback by the question.

"You heard me Hope, we all know. You and Edward are mates, so when are you going to accept him?"