Chapter 11

How are you all doing today?

Hope:

I drove down the long, familiar, two lane road in silence. My thoughts screamed loud inside my head telling me to turn around, but my heart was feeling relieved every time I got a mile closer.
Carlisle said they found Bella and Renesmee, and the plan had worked. I was relieved to hear, but Bella would probably chew my head off the second I show up. If no one else does first.

When I turned onto the dirt driveway and the large modern house came into view, I mentally cursed myself for allowing myself to come back. I left for a reason, they didn't want me here. But when Carlisle called I felt... happy. Obviously I was surprised but I was happy. Something inside me missed them, and this place.
I just don't think they'll feel the same way.

As if sensing my presence, the front door opened and out came the packs and the Cullens. My eyes landed on Edward. Did they know that he knew about me all along? He smiled at me, which made me feel a little at ease, and then my eyes trailed down to Renesmee. She looked like a toddler now. He held her, but I'm sure she was starting to walk around already.
I took a deep breath, and exited the car. I walked closer to them slowly, until I was close enough but far enough. Almost immediately I was struck with another body and almost fell down in surprise. I tumbled, but regained my balance. Seth hugged me, tightly. I came to my senses, and hugged back. I didn't realize how much I'd missed this boy until his arms had wrapped around me.

"Hey little wolf," I smiled and ruffled his hair. He shook his head in annoyance and then laughed.

"I missed you," he said and smiled widely. It warmed my heart. I looked to Leah, who seemed void of emotion. She had a neutral expression but I was really good at observing eyes, not only faces. And her eyes told me everything she was feeling. So many different emotions and she's lost and confused. I gave her a small smile, and then my attention went back to the Cullens.

"Welcome back," Carlisle said softly. I couldn't find my voice and when Edward noticed he spoke.

"Come on in," he said as he led me inside. Everyone followed, and I stood awkwardly in the living room. Bella sat down with Renesmee beside her, Jacob on the other side of Renesmee, and Edward standing next to them.

"So," I said and took a breath, "the note?" I worked on my speaking skills on the drive over here, and had managed to teach myself to make my voice sound neutral. I didn't need the Cullens knowing how I was feeling because I was highly nervous, and I didn't want them to know that.
Carlisle handed me the note that Alice had left me.

Hope, if you're reading this, then that means Carlisle managed to convince you to come back. You belong here, with Edward. I know I don't make much of a difference but I did miss you the little time you were gone after you left, and I miss you now even as Jasper and I are leaving. We need to do something important. Jasper doesn't blame you, Hope. He just doesn't understand.
The Volturi will be here three days after the snow starts to stick. Gather as many witnesses as you can, as many allies. Renesmee has gifts of shield penetration and tactic thought projection. Let her use them on the witnesses, get them to realize she's not an immortal child. Hope, Renesmee is in great danger with the Volturi after her. Protect her.

Burn this, Aro may not be able to look into your mind but he can the others.

Love, Alice and Jasper.

I didn't notice a stray tear that fell when I read the first part of the letter. I quickly wiped it away before anyone else noticed, and put the note in the back pocket of my jeans.

"The Volturi will be here sooner than we thought, we don't have a lot of time. They said to start finding witnesses, to understand our side of the story. Understand that Renesmee isn't an immortal child."