Chapter 29

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I've fallen into a bit of a depression due to some things going on in my relationship but I have nothing else to focus on so I figured I'd just update this story.

Hope:

Edward and I have been on our honeymoon for a few weeks and so far I've shown him the Eiffel Tower up close, a few good cafes, and we've gone to a couple events the city has held here. Tonight we're going out to eat with Pierre, Camille and Julia, then we're going to go clubbing for a few hours, and finally go to the city park and watch a firework and light show for Bastille Day. Bastille Day is what France calls their Independence Day, and tonight we're celebrating.
I wore a white off-shoulder long lantern sleeved pleated dress and white ankle strap heels.

"I can't believe it's already July," I said as Edward walked into the bathroom while I put in my favorite silver hoop earrings.

"Yep. The weather is supposed to be a little chillier tonight due to a cool breeze." Edward replied.
"You ready?"

"Yeah," I said as I grabbed my phone and put in a little crossbody purse. We got in the rental car that we had payed to rent for another week, enough time for our cars to be shipped here if we choose to stay, which we've yet to talk about, but that can wait until tomorrow.
We made it to the restaurant Pierre wanted to meet up at. I wanted Italian food so it's great that he picked one that has vampire staff. One of the girls led us to a section of the restaurant that only consists of vampires and no humans. Right away they brought out the blood that most places put inside wine bottles in case any humans were to wonder in here. It didn't take long for them to bring out the chicken alfredo I had ordered.

"How's married life?" Camille asked us.

"He gets on my nerves," I answered quickly. I looked at Edward with a smile as he sat there with an offended expression.
"Hard truth, love." I added.
"You do realize you are more annoying than I am?"
"Not true." I argued as they all looked at me. I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." Then they laughed.

"Can I eat in peace?"

"No," Julia answered.

"Anyways, how is it going with the wolves?" Pierre asked.

"Fine, I've gotten no calls about issues and have only gotten positive reports."

"Do you think you two are going to stay in Paris?" Camille then asked. I looked at Edward and sighed. I knew this conversation was going to have to take place soon before our honeymoon time is up, but I wasn't expecting to have it come up tonight at dinner.

"Um, well honestly, we're not sure. We have things and family back home," Edward responded. "And we haven't really talked much about it."

"Aww that's a bummer, well hopefully you guys do decide to stay here. If not, Hope you better stay in touch," Julia said.
We left the Italian place and went to the club that was down the street. It was packed with vampires, wolves, and humans. I ordered a martini from the bar and talked to Edward while our three friends went to go get blood shots for them four. Surprisingly, Yvette and Henri were here and came up to us.

"What a pleasant surprise," Yvette smiled.

"It is indeed, how are you both?" Edward asked them.

"Good, we've had more luck keeping vampires in line after what happened on the wolves' territory."

"Sorry about that," I said.

"It's fine, we understand," Yvette responded. I noticed Henri staring at me weirdly as I sipped the alcoholic beverage I was holding. I looked at Edward and he shrugged his shoulders. Henri and Yvette had a hushed conversation while giving us side glances. Finally, Yvette slightly pulled me to the side. She took my drink and handed it to Edward as we walked a few feet away.
"Yvette what's going on?"
"You're not aware?"
"Aware of what?"
She looked at my stomach and then back up at my eyes.
"I think you're pregnant," she responded.