Chapter 27

Good evening loves.
I'm really sad my last day is Thursday. The school year went by quickly and I'm kind of not ready for it to be over yet. New teachers, different classmates, being a junior, wow.
Are you graduating this year? If not, what grade are you going into?

Hope:

"Hey, it's so great to see you again," Julia smiled.

"Thank you, you too."

"You ready?" Yvette asked me.

"Let's go."
She led us down a narrow forest path through the woods, away from the clearing where we had parked our vehicles. There was a dirt road that ran through the back of the territory, and that's what we had taken to avoid detection. I had taken this trail many times, and it brought back memories. Memories that were very painful and that I wanted to forget.

"Is something wrong?" Edward asked me quietly.

"This was the trail I was on when Liana and I were attacked."
I stopped when we got to the spot. I realized I was standing on dried blood, that the pool had never fully disappeared. Over one hundred years, and it's still here.
I gasped. "Oh my god."

"Hope. Hope, are you okay?" I looked at Edward and nodded, taking a deep breath.

"I'm fine." I wasn't. I felt like I was going to vomit, but I kept going. It was so long ago but it still haunts me. Knowing that the Volturi, the creators of vampire law, accept me, makes me feel at ease with my situation. However, the wolves won't, at least some of them.

"Here we are," Henri says. We came out of the woods to the large clear area that contained houses and training sites and a little ways away led to the pack house.
Wolves all around turned towards us and children and women were ushered back into their houses by the men of the families. Pack warriors gathered in front of us, and another stood beside the Luna as she made her way towards us from a small group of little children.

"Who are you? And why are you on our land?" She asked.

"Luna Dakota, I and Henri are here on official business. Important business, might I add." The woman who I now know as Dakota looked intrigued, but cautious. Understandable, there are six vampires and one seemingly human here.
"Who's the human?"
"That's why we're here," Henri responded.
"A wolf? She looks too... small."
"That's why we're here."

"You drink tea hun?" Dakota asks me as she comes into the living room from the kitchen. The pack warriors stood around, fierce and on guard.

"Yes, thank you." I sipped the tea and then put the cup on the coffee table.

"So, what 'business' have you brought here, vamps?"

"We are aware of the arising problem you are facing within the Allaire-Monet pack. Your husband has passed, and you have been left widowed. Our condolences, by the way. We are also aware of your inability to provide a child, which I know can be hard. Trust me, that's how vampires feel." Yvette talked sadly of the inability female vampires have to get pregnant, since their organs have shut down and don't function. She continued, "This is Hope Cullen, her name was changed from Nadja. Nadja Aveline Monet, one of the daughters, the eldest, of Alpha Damien and Luna Camille."
Their jaws dropped.

"No. She's dead, this isn't possible."

"Oh but it is. She was turned. She's a hybrid," Yvette smiled proudly.
"She's the solution to your problem."

"I can prove that I'm their daughter."

"How?" She asked, leaning forward intrigued.

"Clementine was my sister, the day of her funeral I was there and met her daughter, Nadia. The only sibling alive at the time was Bastien, so I'm guessing you would've married his son, because Genevieve had two daughters."
Dakota's a little older than most outside of the pack would think, she looked to be in her sixties.