02

It's been a week. A full week since Jimin saved Yoongi's life. Jimin's life got back to normal pretty much the day after the incident and he continues working in the café like nothing happened. Of course, he told Taehyung, his best friend since childhood, about what happened last Friday but that was it. As expected, Taehyung voiced his concerns regarding the fact that the strange man had a gun, but he dropped the subject after there was no further contact between Yoongi and Jimin.

That night, Yoongi of course didn't visit the hospital, Seokjin took him home right away and treated him there. He can't go to the hospital. It would raise too many questions, questions that he didn't want to answer. Seokjin took care of him for a week, forcing him to stay in bed and rest. Luckily, Yoongi's wound didn't open up and the older male only had to change his bandages a few times. Jimin's stitches were flawless.

Speaking of Jimin, Yoongi can't get him out of his head. Sure, his memories about the night were mostly erased or pretty blurry, but he remembers one thing clearly. And that's Jimin.

To say that he was surprised when Jimin turned down his offer to give him any amount of money is an understatement. It piqued his interest. There aren't that many people who willingly turn down money if someone offers it to them. With a frustrated sigh, Yoongi slumps down on his couch and winces right after, the movement hurting his tummy. Right. He isn't fully healed yet. Yoongi keeps forgetting that the human body just needs time to heal, too much time. Time Yoongi doesn't have and isn't willing to waste.

"Yoongi-Hyung? Your father is here.", a soft voice snaps him out of his thoughts, causing the mafia leader to look up and meet Jungkook's eyes. "Did he say what he wants?", he asks, running a hand through his hair. Softly, almost a little timid, Jungkook shakes his head and fiddles with the sleeves of his sweater. "Yoongi. Long time no see.", a deep voice says, making Yoongi's and Jungkook's heads turn in the direction of the voice.

With a raised eyebrow Yoongi glances over to the maknae who seems equally as surprised at the sudden presence of Yoongi's father. "Why are you here?", Yoongi hisses, not really okay with the fact that his father walks into his mansion without permission. Yoongi's father usually only comes if he needs something and honestly, he has had enough of that bullshit.

The elder man looks at his son with disapproving eyes, before putting on a bright and mostly fake smile. "You may leave now Kooks.", Yoongi then mutters, guiding his father into his business room while trying to keep his anger under control. Jungkook obeys and nods quickly, bowing to Yoongi's father before exiting the room. "I heard you got injured. Why have I not been informed?", Yoongi's father asks harshly, clearly angry about the fact that he wasn't informed before grabbing a chair and harshly pulling it closer to him. With another sigh, Yoongi sits down as well, looking into his father's eyes.

"Indeed. There was an incident last week. Nothing of much importance.", he replies casually, his gaze landing on his father's gun, which the elder man carefully places onto the table. "Why are you here? I know that you couldn't care less about my wellbeing.", Yoongi adds in a pretty annoyed tone, not liking his father pretending to care about him.

"Oh son, you are mistaken. I am only here to ask about your health. How can I not be worried about my one and only offspring?", the elder man argues, a fake smile creeping onto his face.

The statement is so ridiculous to him, that Yoongi can't help but scoff at it. "Alright then, I'm fine. You may leave now.", Yoongi says coldly, emphasizing the word now too much for his father's liking. "Is that how your mother taught you to talk to me?", Youngi points out, immediately striking a weak spot in his son. "How dare you talk about my mother? She sure as hell taught me more than you ever could-" His words are cut off by a slap as his head snaps to the side.