30

This chapter mentions drowning, near-death experience and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).

Jimin isn't breathing. That's the first thing Yoongi notices. "Jiminie? Jimin, please–" he whispers, lip trembling slightly at the silence he receives in response. "Jimin, come on." Jimin's ice cold, head limply falling against Yoongi's chest as he lifts him out of the box. "Baby, talk to me. I-I've got you now, y-you need to wake up. Don't to this to me, please."

There are bruises. All over his face and down to his shoulders. Yoongi shudders. This is exactly what he'd feared. What he'd tried so hard to prevent.

Jin and Jungkook both struggle to break free from their bonds, barely being able to move. Their eyes are solely on Jimin, the shock slowly settling in. "Y-Yoongi! He isn't breathing for fuck's sake–" Jin hears himself screaming, scrambling to his feet.

Yoongi can only stare. Stare at the person he loves most. He isn't breathing. Soon, there's not gonna be any life left in him. Soon, he'll be dead.

No. Jimin isn't going to die. Not on his fucking watch.

Careful to not hurt him, Yoongi tilts his head back to slightly lift his chin. His lips are colored blue, the cruel reality settling in Yoongi's bones. The reality that if he doesn't act right now, there won't be any hope.

There will only be death.

He places his hands, one on top of the other, onto the middle of Jimin's chest and exhales shakily. This is it. "Come on, baby. D-Don't leave me here," he whispers and begins giving chest compressions, using his body weight to help him press deep, at least 2 inches, into Jimin's chest. He pushes hard and fast, at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute, not noticing Jin and Jungkook rushing to his aid.

Everything fades out. The only important thing is Jimin's life. He's not going to let something or someone stop him from saving it.

After a subsequent set of 30 chest compressions, he leans over Jimin and pinches his nose shut, pressing his lips on top of his and breathes into his mouth. He watches Jimin's chest rise and fall. He's doing everything right so far. It's hard to think straight. Hard to remember the steps. He gives Jimin another breath and begins the second cycle of compressions.

Jungkook slowly sinks to his knees, shaking in fear. He can't process what's happening in front of his eyes, can't cope with this. "H-Hyung," he cries, struggling to catch his breath. As much as Jin would like to comfort him, cuddle and reassure him that it'll all be okay, he can't. He can't move a single muscle.

He's seen worse wounds with much more blood, but none of them have made him feel so cold.

"Come on, Jimin," Yoongi whispers and delivers another two rescue breaths. He's not going to give up, no matter how long this is going to take. "Breathe for me, baby, p-please–" Sweat trickles down his forehead, blending with his wet bangs, but he can't care less. He's not going to stop until Jimin opens his eyes. Until Jimin breathes again.

Jungkook sobs into Jin's chest, not bearing the sight in front of his eyes. It hurts so much that he feels like he can't breathe too, gasping between his sobs. Jin can't do much except gently pat his shoulder.

Suddenly, Namjoon rushes into the room, a trail of dried blood on his forehead. Jin turns to face him and the expression on the oldest's face makes his heart drop. His knees feel weak, lips parting in shock. Jungkook's sobs pierce his heart, Jimin's deathly pale face scares the shit out of him, but with every second, it all fades into the background.

"Don't die on me! Jimin! Come on–" Yoongi chokes out and pinches Jimin's nose shut, blowing into his mouth twice. By now, he can't hold back his tears anymore and lets them gather in his eyes. He's struggling to catch his breath as he pushes harder than before. The fear of accidentally hurting the person most important to him by breaking his ribs is there, but there's one more important thing. Jimin's life.