24

"Good morning," Jimin says softly when Yoongi wakes up the next day. "Morning," Yoongi mumbles and rubs his eyes. "Did we fall asleep again?" He asks confusedly, a part of his memories from yesterday missing. He remembers them talking about everything until they got back in bed. "Yeah, you just slept longer than me. You were very tired after all." Jimin helps him out. "Oh, alright. Let's go downstairs then," Yoongi suggests and he nods softly, watching the older male get up and change.

He opens the windows to get some fresh air into the room and makes the bed, feeling odd in Yoongi's bedroom. He cherishes their beautiful memories, but he hasn't forgiven Yoongi yet.

"Morning everyone," Jimin says softly, almost a little shy when they enter the living room, seeing Jungkook, Jin and Namjoon on the couch while Hoseok stands in front of them. "We have something to tell you guys," Jungkook says, exchanging a nervous look with Jin. Jimin's brows furrow in worry and he looks back at Yoongi, wondering what they want to tell them.

"Let's sit down first," Yoongi mumbles calmly and Jimin follows him, both sitting down on the couch. "Hoseok and I continued investigating Jimin's case in the last days. We have reason to believe that Mark isn't the one who attempts to hurt you.", Namjoon starts, meeting Yoongi's dark eyes.

Although Yoongi is glad that his best men continued investigating while he was drowning in self-pity and guilt, he wished that they consulted him beforehand. He doesn't want to confuse Jimin even more when things aren't confirmed yet. "We took a closer look at the bullet that hit Joon. It wears a different mark, a mark I have never seen before. Mark and Jackson don't use this mark, they never have in the past years." Hoseok continues, handing Yoongi the bullet.

With a raised eyebrow, Yoongi analyzes the bullet, tilting his head to the side. "This is a mark I haven't seen in a long time. But that doesn't prove anything, everyone could use a bullet like this. They might want to frame someone for their wrongdoings." Yoongi clicks his tongue, annoyed that he can't remember the person who uses those bullets.

The name lays on his tongue, eagerly wanting to be spoken out loud, but his mind doesn't play along. "I know. But I tracked all of Mark's activity in the past month, his financial expenses, the various contracts that needed renewal and there's nothing. No single activity. To be honest, I didn't find any sign of life from Mark in the past month," Namjoon mutters and shows everyone the nonexistent activities he found.

Jimin moves closer to Jungkook and looks over at Yoongi. He doesn't like that Yoongi looks angry, it scares him. He doesn't quite understand what's going on. "What about Jackson?" Yoongi asks, his thoughts running wild at the information he's just received.

Hoseok lowers his head and exchanges a look with Jin, seeming nervous. "He had very little activity the past month, especially the last few days. An insider told me that Mark disappeared and Jackson is trying to find him." Yoongi stands up, the chair he's been sitting on falling to the floor.

"What?" he exclaims, not believing Hoseok. "It looks like he's missing. Mark is missing," the spy says, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "You know my sources are always legit," he adds because the doubt in Yoongi's eyes angers him. He's never been wrong. He never disappoints.

Yoongi sighs deeply and goes on to massage his temples, looking over to Jimin who cowers in fear, staring at the floor. Now he scared him again. He's about to say something when the door opens with a loud thud and two of Yoongi's men run into the room, both distressed. "What is it?" He asks sternly after the men bow down to him. Jungkook rubs over Jimin's back and exchanges a look with Jin and Namjoon.

"We're here to report that Mark's dead. He got murdered," one man squeaks and the silence suddenly feels suffocating. "Dead?" Namjoon inquires, disbelief written all over his face. "Yes, sir," the other man confirms and they look back to Yoongi, awaiting their leader's words. "You may leave–" Yoongi begins but his words get cut by a loud explosion outside.