17

This chapter mentions violence and death threats.

Yoongi carefully eyes the big mansion in front of him, trying to check the whole area. "We're just going towards the mansion. I'm sure that Mark already knows we're here."

Namjoon sighs, glancing at the mansion with worried eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this? What if it's a trap-" he can't even finish his sentence because Yoongi interrupts him. "It won't be. Jackson isn't one who breaks promises. He won't hurt me or you."

The hacker rolls his eyes and watches how Yoongi gets out of their van. He quickly takes his gun and follows him, angry at Yoongi's reckless behavior, but still not wanting him to go on his own.

The pair walk up to the gates of Mark's mansion, Namjoon clenching onto his gun and biting his lip. This isn't a good idea. The feeling that there's something wrong only increased. He can feel it in the atmosphere. "Why aren't there any guards outside?", Yoongi whispers when they come closer to the entrance and don't see any people.

"It's too quiet. Let's go back-", Namjoon mutters, tensing up. "They must be waiting for us-", Yoongi replies, lowering his gun before telling Namjoon to do the same. "Do you hear anything?", he adds, glancing over to the hacker who shakes his head. "Nothing."

Invisible to the eyes of the two males, three men stand in the shadow of Mark's mansion, all wearing a grin on their faces. "They seem to take the bait. Prepare to shoot.", one man says to another, chuckling darkly. "Who wouldn't? Boss's plan is too good. Nobody would see through the lie.", the second man says in response, running a hand through his hair as he watches the two males outside.

Kim Namjoon and Min Yoongi.

"Don't kill him. It's just supposed to give them a warning.", another man reminds the two, watching how the sniper adjusts his rifle. "We'll wait for you outside. Be quick, they can't see you."
And the sniper nods firmly, a grin settling on his face. It's his time to shine.

Everything happens in a matter of seconds. A sudden impact followed by a gunshot throws Namjoon back, a low groan escaping his lips as he thuds to the ground, pain surging through his shoulder. "Joon!", Yoongi exclaims, dropping to his knees.

All he sees is blood seeping through Namjoon's clothes, but Yoongi knows exactly what happened. A bullet is stuck deep in the hacker's shoulder.

"Fuck-", Yoongi curses under his breath, helping Namjoon to get up. They rush back to the van, Yoongi still clutching onto his gun, eyes darting around, looking for the culprit. But he sees no one. The mansion is abandoned.

"Are you alright?", Yoongi asks when he hears a soft groan behind him, looking at Namjoon's bloody shoulder. "Y-Yeah. I told you this was a t-trap.", the hacker whispers, pressing his hand against the wound.

"Shut up. Keep applying pressure on your wound.", Yoongi hisses and starts the van, driving back to the mansion. He breathes deeply and runs a hand through his hair, his hands full with his best friend's blood. Mark is going to suffer for that. Oh yeah, Yoongi's going to make sure he's going to regret.

Jin's about to tell Jimin how he makes his famous pancakes when his phone rings.
A little startled at the sudden phone call, Jin excuses himself and accepts the call after seeing Namjoon's name pop up. "Yeah, what's up?", he asks, curious as to why the hacker would call him.

However, his curiosity is immediately replaced with worry when he hears Namjoon groan weakly, explaining what happened at Mark's mansion. "How far away are you?", Jin asks hastily, calling for Jungkook. "Maybe five minutes! Make sure that Jimin doesn't see anything.", Yoongi's voice rings through Jin's ears and he sighs worriedly. "Alright, hurry up. I'll make sure he isn't around."