44

Contains minor character death, seizures and grief.

Yoongi sits on the floor, head buried in his hands as Jin's words repeat themselves in his head. He feels
sick, having to sit down to try and process this shit.

His father has cancer. His father has fucking end-stage cancer. Now it all makes sense. No wonder he acted so goddamn suspicious and transferred this large amount of money in case something happens to his money.

He knew he would die.

Slowly, Jimin approaches his boyfriend, his lip trembling. Yoongi sits at the bottom of the stairs, head buried in his hands. With teary eyes he sits down next to him and pulls Yoongi's head onto his shoulder, kissing the top of his head carefully.

"I'm so sorry, baby," he whispers and wraps an arm around Yoongi. Jimin knows that Yoongi and his father don't have a good relationship and the old man has hurt him deeply but he's still Yoongi's father. The only real and biological family that he has left.

After the old man collapsed, Jimin watched over him while Namjoon went to call Jin. Every alarm bell in Jin's mind rang as he saw Yoongi's father and he immediately started examining the old man, not even moving him to the hospital wing.

While Yoongi was interrogating his father's bodyguards waiting outside, Jin called the old man's doctor, finally able to uncover the whole truth.

Min Youngi has a brain tumor. One that can't be removed. One that's slowly but surely killing him.

He received the diagnosis months, fucking months ago. He refused treatment, wanting to die when his time was up. He didn't need more time, or medicine that would leave him bed bound until his death. He wanted to settle everything and go on with his life like before, until he physically can't do it anymore.

Min Youngi is going to die soon. Perhaps even today. Jin isn't sure if he gets through the night. He's in his last days, he won't last longer than a week. There's nothing they can do to help his father.

His time has come.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asks quietly, caressing Yoongi's muscular back and wrapping his arms around his waist. A deep sigh passes Yoongi's lips as he lets himself fall back into Jimin's warm embrace. Jimin kisses the top of Yoongi's head. "I am, just letting everything process."

He's feeling mixed emotions now, not sure how he should act around his father. Does he even feel sympathy? He doesn't know.

His heart does feel heavy.

Yoongi never had a relationship with his father, they never got really along with each other. He has no great memories of his childhood apart from his mother. All his father ever did was bring him pain.

"Tell me if you need something, okay? No matter what it is," Jimin whispers, slowly getting Yoongi to his feet. "I will. You're always here for me."

"Ready?" Jimin asks, holding Yoongi's hand as the duo stands in front of the hospital wing. Does he want to see him? Watching him seize made him sick.
"Yeah," he mutters after a few seconds, opening the door. Jin hears them right away, mustering up a soft smile before turning back to Yoongi's father.
It's unpleasant, but Yoongi's more bothered by the fact that Jimin looks close to breaking down in tears, than by his father's condition.

"He's stable right now. I'm not sure if he's going to wake up though, the seizure strained his already weakened body," Jin explains, noticing Yoongi stare blankly at his father.

Min Youngi wears an oxygen mask, while he's hooked up to a heart monitor as well as an oxygen measuring device. His face is pale and sunken. He isn't just dying; he also looks exactly like he's dying.