33

Jimin slowly opens his eyes and lets them wander in the room, recognizing the familiar bedsheets of Yoongi instantly. Someone has their arm wrapped around him, giving him a feeling of security and warmth.

He slowly turns around and faces his best friend, who seems to be in deep thoughts, not noticing him waking up. He carefully sits up and holds onto his pounding head, biting his lips.

Yoongi's not around, though he'd like to see him. He's grown more attached to the older male ever since he saved him and craves his touch, his warmth and his love. It sounds almost desperate, but Jimin isn't in the right state of mind. He's especially vulnerable right now and touch just helps him cope, it always has.

"Minnie, you awake?" Taehyung asks softly, blinking a few times to keep his eyes open. He couldn't sleep last night, not at all. Jimin hums in response and snuggles up against Taehyung's hand that's been placed on his cheek. "How are you feeling?"

A shiver runs down his spine and he worries again, wanting to protect Jimin from anything and anyone. "I'm okay, I promise."

Not fully convinced, Taehyung sighs softly and sits up. "I'll get us something to drink," he says, but Jimin interrupts him right away. "You don't even know where the bathroom is, Tae. I'll come with you." Upon seeing a small smile on Jimin's face, Taehyung sighs again but nods. "I can walk on my own, Tae," Jimin complains after Taehyung wraps an arm around him to help him walk. "You're still weak, Minnie. And you twisted your ankle. I'm not taking any risk."

And with that, the subject drops.

"Have you met the others already?" Jimin asks, leaning his head against the bathroom wall. Taehyung shakes his head. "Did Yoongi call you yesterday?" Taehyung winces as if Jimin's words were a physical blow. "Yeah, he stood on my doorstep in the middle of the night."

"Did you two talk?" Jimin asks quietly, lowering his head to avoid Taehyung's stare. "We did," the student replies, tone monotone. "About everything?" Taehyung sighs to calm down. "Everything," he retorts. He sounds somewhat angry, which scares Jimin. He didn't want to hide Yoongi's true identity from Taehyung, but involving him seemed just as horrible.

Jimin understands now how Yoongi must've felt in moments like this. "I'm sorry–" Jimin attempts to says but Taehyung cuts him off.

"We should talk about it later."

With big eyes, Jimin watches Taehyung leave and he immediately feels tears fill his eyes. The fact that he's alone right now, even though Taehyung is just in the next room and the others are probably downstairs, freaks him out right away. He shakily stands up to walk back to Yoongi's room when he catches his reflection in the mirror.

A gasp passes his lips and he brings his shaking hands up to his face, inspecting the damage that's been done to him. Across his left cheek is a big bruise, caused by Jackson's hand, his lip has a small cut, his forehead another one. Jimin looks at his body, finding more bruises across his chest and his legs. His ankle is bandaged, and he can see the swelling.

Slowly, he looks back up in the mirror, only to see Jackson standing right behind him, a threatening and playful smirk on his face.

An ear-piercing scream filled with terror rings through the mansion.

Jimin whirls around and stumbles, crashing into the mirror before falling to the ground. He brings an old vase down with him, which shatters into hundreds of pieces. Panic washes over him and he sobs hysterically, trying to get away from Jackson who stands right in front of him. He hits the wall with his back and screams once more, screwing his eyes shut. Jackson can't be here. Yoongi promised that he's safe.