🌺 CHAPTER THREE 🌺

Four days later:

After much arguing, I decided moving out of town was best for me, though I would miss Hannah alot.

Mother decided we leave as early as possible on the day of our journey and we did.

We got a cab and was taken to an apartment which, mother said, was provided by the company when we arrived at Edo State. According to her, the rent would be paid by the company for two months and after that, it would be her responsibility.

We got into the apartment, unpacked our things, and had some trucks bring in our other items.

Hours later, we were settled in our new home and my mum insisted she find us a school as soon as possible.

I contended she rest for the day and not worry about it, but it seemed all my ranting went through deaf ears.

And now, I stood nervously in front of the big gate of a school building which had the words De Royale Academy, written above it, wearing a white long sleeve shirt, a black vest with the school's logo imprinted on it, a grey tartan pleated skirt and knee-length black socks.

I felt really positive about moving away from Ebonyi State. I hadn't had the nightmare or any dream at all the last few nights, those were the first days of my life I would say I had a good night sleep.

I took in a deep breath and walked through the gate which was left wide open.

I stared at the school in awe. The school had a very large environment, it was brightly colored in yellow and white paint and was greatly adorned with various ornamental plants. In the centre of the school's compound, stood a Bougainvillea tree.

The paper-like petals of the triangular flowers on the tree were of pink colours. And it's bark, very thick and wide.

I walked along side my brothers as we headed to the Bursar's office to get our school books.

"Good morning ma" Jomafu greeted and Jokpa and I did the same.

"Same to you" She smiled. "I'm seeing new faces....and double faces".

"We're new students and we came to get our books. My brother and I are twins" Jokpa said.

"Okay" She gestured for us to sit and walked to a pile of books arranged on a shelf.

"May I know your names?" She asked.

"Oh. I'm Jomafu, my twin is Jokpa, and this our little sister, Ejiro".

"I'm not little" I pouted, and Jomafu chuckled.

"Wow, lovely names" She said. "Here are your note books and exercise books. You'll get the text books later".

"Thank you ma" I said and carried mine.

"Take these. It's a list of the classes" She said, handing us three pieces of paper.

I took mine and walked out of her office, trying to stay on my feet while carrying my books and my heavy school bag at the same time.

I was lucky classes were tagged. I looked at the list on my hand and tried to locate SS1 B, the class for art students.

I walked through a hallway and came across a class room door with the name SS1 B written on top of the door. I could tell it was a classroom due to the noise that came from it.

I opened the door nervously and took few steps into the class, heads turned and the room fell silent at once.

All eyes were on me and gosh! Did I hate it.

My eyes moved around the classroom avoiding the stares of the students and I found an empty seat at the end of the class. No surprise there.

I tried to hide my nervousness by walking casually to the back. I sat down as soon as I got there. I could hear murmurs from each of the students, but I decided to ignore them and read a novel instead.