🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR🌺

"I did it. I did everything!" Mr. Achebe yelled.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes despite being confused.

This had got to be one of the most dramatic events I've seen in comparison to that of Nigerian movies.

I suddenly remembered all that mother had said about Evan's dad, and how mother's past had caused my nightmare.

Somehow, I felt this was the moment I had been waiting for, and as curiousity continued to eat me up and Mr. Achebe bent his head in silence, I brought Jomafu's phone out of my pocket and immediately set it on video.

Mr. Achebe suddenly turned to my brothers and he struggled to speak.

"I killed your father!".

His words hit me hard, like a large pile of rocks that had been thrown directly to my heart. I could hardly believe what I heard. How could he say such a thing?!

"I killed your father."

He didn't. He died in an accident... unless....

"It was all his fault." He continued. "Years ago, I discovered your father and my wife were having an affair in the offices they worked in, though they claimed to be just friends and that the news was just a rumor I knew they were lying. I visited my oracle an... ".

Did he just say oracle?!

"It confirmed it. I decided to forgive my wife despite knowing she cheated on me—".

"I didn't!" Evan's mother voiced, but a police man stopped her from speaking.

"Let him talk." He said.

"But I couldn't, and when I heard about the birth of Ejiro, It took a lot of strength not to do anything violent.. until the day I decided to cause an accident that'll kill your father and then, kill my wife as well. ". He said.

"I killed your father and tried to kill you too in the accident, but he was the only one that died. I got Caroline involved by promising her marriage if she got rid of my wife, since that was what she had always wanted. ". He paused.

The words were finally beginning to sink in, and with each second that passed, each word that was let out of his mouth, I felt. . .I felt my heart ache badly, like more rocks were thrown at it and I struggled to hold back my tears. My body shook in anger and the atmosphere felt hot, and at the same time cold.

I turned around immediately and pulled a hand, not caring whose it was as I stormed  towards the gate.

I didn't want to hear it anymore. I didn't even know what to feel anymore.

I was shocked, shocked that he actually had hand in the death of my father, something I thought was because of a car accident.

I was angry, at the handcuffed man, at my dad, at my mum. Mr. Achebe killed my father.

My father had another family somewhere else and a daughter who tried and is still trying to kill me.

And my mother.

She turned out to be untrustworthy!

"Ejiro....".

I wished I could walk quickly out of this building. I didn't want to be here anymore with this... this... Man!

"I caused those nightmares.".

I stopped on my tracks, now doubting my own ears and afraid to look back.

"I couldn't kill you, not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't. So, I decided to torment you through spiritual means. I knew about your friendship with my son and daughter, and how close you were to Evan especially, so I visited you every night as a demonic creature carrying the face of my son.".