🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR🌺

EVAN'S POV:

Little Ejiro banged at the gate, repeatedly calling for someone to open it for her. With no one answering or willing to do so, she pushed and pulled the gate, then, rose to her tippie toes and tried to reach the handle of the gate.

The little girl was certain she had seen her friends, Evan and Sharon through her window, and had sneaked out of her house just to see them. She couldn't understand why no one had come to open the gate.

Little Evan, sat on the staircase right in the front of the door to the house, his legs held close to his chest, as he watched the gate vibrate and heard yelling coming from the other end of the gate.

The little boy couldn't understand why the bubbly and energetic little girl living next door kept pestering the lives of him and his sister. He was perfectly fine being just by himself.

At first, he had decided to actually give friendship a try and have fun, but one day, after watching the mother of the little girl pull her out of his compound and criticise and insult him shamelessly, especially after speaking to his father for about 30 minutes, he knew it was over, and all hope was lost making a friend.

His mother rushed out of the house, but paused to stare at Evan, who still had his eyes pinned on the gate.

"Why didn't you go and open the gate for your friend?" She asked, narrowing her brows and placing both her hands on her waist.

"I didn't know." The little boy shrugged, his eyes never leaving the gate.

His mother sighed and dragged him up. "Go and open the gate for your friend, right now. I'm watching you.".

The boy did so hesitantly, and grumpily pulled the gate open.

"Evan!" The little girl yelled and jumped excitedly on him, making him stagger backwards.

He pulled her away from him, making his mother laugh. "I'll let Sharon know you're here.". And with that, she walked away.

"Hi, Mr. Grumpy pants!" The little girl beamed. "C'mon, let's go call Sharon.". Then, she grabbed Evan's hand and pulled him into the house, giggling continuously.

Minutes later, Sharon and Ejiro were seen playing hide and seek, while little Evan sat at the back of house, his legs brought up to his chest, and his chin resting on his knee.

Sharon, who was looking for a hiding spot as Ejiro counted, found her brother sitting alone at the back of the building.

"What's wrong, Mr. Grumpy pants." She giggled. Evan grumbled and turned his head to the other side.

"Okay, sorry, what's wrong....Evan." She snickered.

He refused to answer as he led the conversation in silence.

"Why don't you like the new girl? She seems nice." Sharon asked.

Little Evan turned to his sister, and suddenly burst into tears. "Her mother doesn't like me, everybody thinks I'm some kind of wierdo because of Dad. She's going to be like the other kids soon.".

His sister, who was caught off guard by his actions, gently put his head on her shoulder and patted him slowly. "Don't worry. Let's have fun while she's still here. And if she does leave us, we're gonna prank her, okay.".

The little boy sniffed and smiled at his sister. "Okay. We'll prank her for sure.".

                                 •°•°•