🌺 CHAPTER FOUR 🌺

I had no idea what just happened, but I knew one thing.

I had fallen into somewhere and it looked quite familiar.

I stood up and dusted the dirt of my flowered dress. I looked around me and couldn't believe my eyes.

My gaze fell on a fat figure by a merry-go-round.

Yes! I was actually at an amusement park and not an endless pit of darkness!

"Ejiro, my daughter. I missed you". I squinted my eyes more trying to recognize that very familiar voice.

The fat figure extended his arms to make room for a hug.

The voice sounded so familiar yet I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Come here, my daughter. Don't you miss me?" The fat figure smiled and I could finally see his face clearly.

"Father!" I yelled. It felt so surreal. I had always thought my father was dead after the accident but seeing him now proved me wrong.

I ran as fast as I could, waiting impatiently for his hug, to feel his warm embrace and tell him I missed him too.

I ran faster and faster barefooted on the sandy ground. As I ran, I looked at the amusement park which was surprisingly empty.

The farther I ran, the more distant father became. It seemed so perplex.

"Father! Can you hear me?!" I ran faster, my legs were begining to hurt but I didn't care. All that mattered right then was to meet Father.

What happened next baffled me.

"It seems where I am now, you can't be there yet. Until we meet again my ever precious, Ejiro". With that being said, Father turned around and walked away.

I was more confused than ever.

"Father! Don't go! Don't leave me, not again. Father come back!" I sobbed. "At least give me a hug!".

I refused to give up. I ran after father as he walked away.

The more I ran, the darker everywhere became, and soon, Father was nowhere to be seen.

I sobbed more and went on my kneels. "Just a hug. Was that too much to ask?".

"It was".

I wiped away my tears and stood up instantly.

"W-who said that?" I stuttered.

"Don't you remember me?" The voice asked, and let out an evil laugh.

"N-no! Who are you?" I stuttered again.

"Me" It replied.

Another figure appeared out of the shadows.

No suprise, it was the boy again, but what actually got me shocked was the fact that he spoke.

"You can talk?" I asked.

"Every human can talk. I am human after all". It said, taking fast walks towards me.

When I could see him clearly, I noticed it had no arm this time.

Without thinking, I turned around to run. It appeared in front of me.

"Don't run away. I only want to play." It said, and let out a low-pitched but still devilish laugh.

"I don't want to play, leave me alone!" I yelled, and turned around to run again.

"Let's play, Life or Death!" It spoke.

I ignored it and continued to run.

"I said I don't want to play!"