🌺 CHAPTER NINE🌺

"What happened to Sharon? Where's your sister, young man?!". I let out a sigh of frustration, as I ignored the man behind me and ran out of the gate.

I looked around me, trying to find any figure possibly keeping my sister in hostage, but no one was in sight.

It was just about a minute ago. They couldn't have possibly taken her far away so soon... Could they?

I ran to the gate Sharon and I had rested on and looked around the building of the gate. Yet, I still didn't see anyone.

I remained in the streets for about five minutes with my phone serving as a torchlight still in search of my sister. I grew impatient and anger fueled me all of a sudden.

Gosh!! Only God knows what could have happened to Sharon in just five minutes.

Seeing that my 'parents' didn't even care to help me find my sister didn't suprise me in the least. After all, getting rid of my sister and I would be seen as a thing of joy for them. I have no idea why they still let us live with them.

I finally decided to check the near bushes. Suprisingly, I wasn't scared. I move my phone and it's light shone on different parts of the bushes. With slow steps, I walked towards the bushes and went deeper into them, determined to find my sister.... Until suddenly, I could hear men as they let out menacing laughs. At that, I knew my sister was in danger.

I tip toed quietly further into the bush, using my hands to cover the light of my phone.

Finally, I could see the men. They were all seated in a circle as one of them stood up and moved to the middle. Looking further, I tried the recognize the person laying on the ground in the middle of the men.

"How dare they?!" I whisper-shouted, trying hard not to charge at them with nothing but myself.

They had knocked Sharon unconscious and from the looks of it, they were going to rape her.

Thinking fast, I looked around me, trying to find something to stop them quickly. My gaze fell on a large piece of thick wood laying amongst leaves and a knife underneath it.

I didn't care if someone was going to die. What mattered was that my sister wouldn't be endangered anymore.

My gaze returned to the men and the one in particular standing in the middle who had apparently pulled down his trousers, showing off his dirty boxers.

A sudden rush of anger flowed through me, adding to how I already felt. I picked up the wood and placed the knife in my pockets. And immediately, I charged at the men angrily yet not saying anything.

I ran towards the one in the middle, who had cut his hair bald, and hit him hard at the back of his head. It got busted and he fell to the ground. The other men looked at me in annoyance as one of them grabbed my sister immediately.

"See this small boy oo. Abi you dey craze?!" One of them said. I laughed inceasantly.

He still had the guts to ask!

I ran towards the one who spoke with the wood held tightly in my hands. He brought out a cutlass immediately, shoving it in front of my face.

"See, if you no want trouble commot for here. Me I no send! Las las you go die here and we go still––".

Without allowing him to finish his statement, I held the cutlass tightly and brought out the knife, piercing it into his stomach harshly. The man gasped and fell to the ground. I stared at my hands and the knife which was stained with blood.

I felt something hit me harshly on my head and a throbbing pain which came after. I turned around to see another man smiling devilishly and holding a piece of wood as well.

My sight became blurry, making it harder to see the man. I tried hitting him with the wood in my hands but missed terribly. Without thinking, I placed the knife harshly around his arm and cut through it. The man yelped in agony as his attention fell on his bleeding arm.

He looked back at me and growled, charging at me. I ran.. or at least I tried to run.

I wasn't running away from him though, I was running after the man who held my sister.

The man behind me increased his pace behind me so I tried running faster. My sight was still blurry and the pain got worse causing me to slip and fall and the phone in my hands shattered into pieces.

The man's grin widened as he tried catching up to me. I tried standing up but it was no use. I touched the back of my head. No doubt, it was bleeding and I was scared. Scared that I wouldn't be able to save Sharon on time.

God seemed to do me a favor and help me as I found a glass bottle beside me. I reached for it and broke the end. Then turning to the man, I threw the bottle at him which, unfortunately for him, landed on his face. He yelped in pain as he stopped running immediately.

I turned around, looking ahead of me and I panicked when I couldn't find the man who ran away with my sister.

I forced myself to stand up, holding my shattered phone, as I staggered forward, and forced my legs to move faster.

I tried so hard not to fall again and give in to darkness as I struggled to find Sharon. I decided to place the knife in my pocket.

Finally, I spotted the man smoking cigarette as he undressed Sharon. Though I couldn't see clearly due to my blurry vision and the darkness of night I could still see a little bit.

I threw my phone angrily at him which ended up hitting his face harshly. He turned and saw me walking towards him. He picked up his cigarette and knife as he charged at me.

I couldn't care less if he was angry or not. I stared at his stomach, holding the knife I hid in my pocket and getting ready to bring it out.

When he was of talking distance, he raise his knife and attempted to hurt me with it but I beat him to it. In a blink of an eye there was a piercing in his stomach with a knife in the middle. I left the knife there as he fell to the ground and hit him harder with the wood I still held.

Quickly I reached for Sharon's unconscious body and threw her at my back. I staggered backwards immediately as I tried to keep my balance.

I had lost a lot of blood trying to find Sharon and soon, I would have to give in to darkness. I walked tiredly but determined until I finally got to the house. I passed through the gate which was still left open.

With a sigh, I rang the doorbell of our house. Soon, the door was open and I could see the visible expression of shock on the face of my 'father'.

That's what you get for letting your children out of the house and into the streets at such a late hour in the night!

He moved to the side as he let my bloody self walk into the house, with Sharon still on my back. He didn't even care to help me.

I dropped her on the sofa and collapsed on the sofa, finally letting darkness take me as I sighed in relief and stared at Sharon thankfully.

"She's alright".

Hehe! Soooo, I want to know. What do you guys think.

Do you really think Evan's bipolar?!🤔🤔

And... He cares so much for Sharon. She's so lucky to have a brother like him who could risk his life for her😃😃.

And.. wow, he actually killed those men. Hehe!

Let me know what you guys think anyways. Don't forget to leave a comment and hit that star button.

Love y'all.
Benzita13😘😘.