🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY NINE🌺

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Evan knew days had past, three days to be precise since he was locked in this empty room, and yet, he still remained as confused and shocked as the first day.

Being alone in the room with nothing to do gave him time to think about everything that happened, and he felt his already broken heart ache as he was worried sick for his mother who was hopefully at the hospital.

Confused? Let's go back.

FLASHBACK:

Evan couldn't believe his eyes, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to believe. He was so sure she was dead, so how could she be standing in front of him, breathing and.. well, standing.

He took few steps back as the woman's arms was weakly brought up as a sign for them to hug her. She had tears welling up in her eyes, and she gave Evan and Sharon a watery smile.

"I... am.. y-your mother." She said, Sharon who looked frozen on the spot for about a minutebreached for the woman and hugged her tightly.

Evan knew she was, in fact, his mother, the woman he loved so much and kept so dear to his heart, and not the godforsaken item in the house who called herself Caroline.

She was just like he remembered, except for the fact that she had baggy eyes, circles under it, and a bony and unkept skin.

He knew he wasn't supposed to cry, he tried not to. He felt his heart ache badly just staring at the terrible condition his mother was in, and without thinking, he rushed towards her and pulled her and Sharon in for a hug.

They heard the sound of a door slamming shut, and their mother weakly pulled away from her children. They heard quick footsteps and turned around, only to see their father frozen to the spot as he only just stared at the woman still standing in front of them all.

"Caroline!" He yelled all of a sudden. "Caroline!!!".

Evan stared back at his mother, her baggy eyes held an emotion of anger, bitterness even, and he wondered what had transpired between the two for his mother to claimed dead by his father.

She took a step forward, then a second, a third, fourth, then fifth. She continued to storm angrily towards their father, who tried his best not to look affected by the woman heading his way.

She stopped few inches away from him, and raised her hand so quickly, they almost didn't see anything happen.

Evan shut his eyes, expecting to hear the loud sound of her palm descending harshly on their father's cheek, but instead, he heard the unexpected shriek of his sister.

He opened his eyes, and his eyes bulged out, almost as if it could come out of it's socket. He ran to his mother, who had apparently fallen unconscious and had collapsed on the floor.

He shook his mother, as Sharon ran to the kitchen, bringing back a bowl of water and splashed it on their mother's face.

"Evan, come here right now!" His father instructed, but Evan wouldn't budge. He remained by his mother's side as he continued to shake her, then gently placed his head on her chest.

"She's still alive!" He told Sharon. He watched as his mother's eyes fluttered open, then closed again.

He stood up and attempted to carry her and frowned at how light and easy she was to be lifted.

Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his ear and a force pushing him to the direction of his father's room.

"What did you hear when you were by the door?" His father asked.

"Dad, this isn't the time." Evan's frown deepened as he turned around and tried to run away, with his mother still on his back.

His father pulled him back forcefully. "You're not going anywhere, I know you overheard me talk about killing your friend, Ann. You're going to ruin my plan.".

He shook his mother continuously as his heart beat quickened in fear, and he tried slapping her to retain her consciousness. "Dad, I promise. I won't say a word, just let me save mother.".

Sharon pulled the woman away from Evan and began pulling her down the staircase.

His father pulled his ear again, and led him to his room, he pulled him towards a wadrobe and pushed the knob of the wadrobe, revealing a hallway he didn't even know existed in his home. It seemed to be some kind of secret hallway.

They stopped in front of a door and as his instincts had told him, Evan forcefully pulled his ear out of his father's hold and ran towards the open wadrobe, but as he got nearer the wadrobe closed and it was impossible to push open.

As if compelled, Evan turned around and walked back to his father, who had a wicked smirk on his face. He pushed him into a spacious but empty room.

"Until Ejiro Oghomena is dead, you're staying here, and I don't care if your mother has to die a second time because of it. I didn't ask her to come back." His father said.

Evan stood up and ran to the door before it could be shut closed, but his father was quicker, and the door was slammed shut, right in his face.

"Dad! I swear I didn't here anything!" He yelled as he pounded hard onto the door.

He hoped his father was, at least, listening to him, but what came the reply was silence.

Nevertheless, he continued to yell for help and continued pounding on the door.

Meanwhile, Sharon was able to drag their unconscious mother to the gate. She greatly wished their father would walk out of the house and insist on helping her take her mother to the hospital, but she knew better. He would rather stand and watch.

She pushed the gate open and dragged her mother. She turned around in discomfort, expecting to see Evan run out of the house. She felt so confused and annoyed right then.

Why wasn't he running back outside?!

She sighed in relief once she had gotten to the junction of their street. She moved around the street, calling for help from the people she knew well. She was gladdened when a male helped to lift her mother up, though she could see the confused expressions the others shared.

"She fell unconscious, please help me. I promise, I'll explain everything, just please help me.".

A woman sitting by a hair salon, who often went by the nickname 'Madam Madam' gestured for the man and Sharon to come over as she unlocked her car.

The man put the unconscious woman in the car as Sharon hurriedly went to sit at the front seat of the car. And immediately, the woman started the ignition.

Sharon glanced at the unconscious woman laying down in the back seat.

"You're fine. I know you are." She frowned. "Please."