🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT 🌺

EVAN'S POV:

I stood in place and stared at the large building for a while before staring back at the paper held in my right hand and walking into the store.

I brought my gaze back to the paper.

"Okay, earmuffs." I said, going deeper into the mall and into a particular department as I like to call it. Then, moved through shelves trying to find that item written on the list Sharon had written and gave me.

I had no idea why Sharon had written a whole list of things for me to get for mum.

Mum was okay. It turned out she was a lot weaker than she seemed, and she hadn't been getting enough rest since she came back home.

That's why she fell unconscious.

I smiled in relief seeing an earmuff on a shelf, and reached for it. I grabbed a basket from where it was kept and put it inside.

I brought my gaze to the paper again.

"Clothes for mum." I read out loud.

I moved around the clothing department and grabbed a few clothes I felt would be okay for mum and put it inside the basket.

I looked at the list again.

Shoes for mum.

I walked to the end of the clothing and accessories department where different sizes and designs of shoes were kept.

I looked through it and picked the shoes that seemed lady-like, and a few pairs for me.

I remained in that part of the store, looking through different pairs of shoes, and it began to feel as if I was being watched.

I darted my gaze to my right, but saw nothing. I shrugged and continued to look through the shoes.

Again, I felt like I was being watched so I darted my gaze to my right, then to my left. Still, I saw no one.

The third time, I felt I was being watched by someone.

What was this person's problem for Christ's sake?!

I darted my gaze to my right and saw the swift movement of a person behind the last shelf in the store.

I furrowed my brows and quickly walked towards that shelf. I peeked behind it but saw no one.

The heck?!

I slowly brought my gaze down to my list.

Accessories for mum.

I sighed in frustration. How Sharon had talked me into shopping for these things while she stayed home with mum instead still surprises me.

What did she mean by accessories?

I spotted one of the workers of the department and asked where I could find the female accessories. She gave me a wierd look, probably wondering what a guy would be doing in a clothing and accessories department for females.

Like I cared.

When I had gotten there, there were various female accessories arranged from top to bottom shelves.

"Psst!" Came a voice.

I raised my head and looked around, but saw no one.

"Evan." The voice called lowly.

I furrowed my brows, immediately recognizing the voice. And when I looked up, my gaze met the person's.

"Caroline?" I said.