🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT🌺

This chapter is dedicated to ChimzyWritesFiction  😁❤️

EJIRO'S POV:

Two days have past since I read the note. Besides me still contemplating on whether to actually meet The hunting person or not, I couldn't stop myself from feeling bad about the news that was announced at home yesterday.

"Ejiro, I'm going back to Ebonyi state tomorrow." Hannah had said to me.

I really wished she could stay a bit longer, or better still, move here and attend the same school as me, but I knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

I stood up to keep the plates I used in eating in the kitchen, as Hannah and I had just finished eating breakfast. Jomafu and Jokpa, on the other hand, were still eating.

After I was done, I climbed up the stairs case as I went into the hallway. I walked through it, and stopped on the door of mother's room. Then, knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I heard her say from the other end. I gently pushed the door open as I met my mother sitting in front of her dresser and applying make-up, then shut the door again.

"I just want to tell you that we're ready." I said. She nodded in reply to what I had said, but her gaze never left the mirror.

I turned around to walk out of the room.

"Wait! Ejiro, I want to tell you something." She said.

I turned around again, and walked towards her. "Yes mother.".

She applied a red lipstick, stared at her reflection in the mirror for a while, then dropped the make-up items she held and turned to me. She put my hand in hers and gazed deep into my eyes, just as she had done the morning I had cried.

"Ejiro. I know you guys are classmates, and possibly friends, but I want you to stay away from him. You'll get hurt if you don't." She said, still staring at me.

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

What was she talking about?!

"Who?" I asked.

"I can't remember his name." She said, and shut her eyes as if trying to recall something, then opened it again. "But he's that boy you went to his house to do a school project with. That you keep having dreams of.".

"Evan?" I asked.

She nodded immediately. And rubbed my hands with hers. "Please, stay away from him, most especially don't go to his house. And if you see ever see his parents in the school especially the father, avoid them.".

I raised a brow and stared at her, finding what she was talking about unreasonable.
"Why?" I asked. "And how do you even know his parents?".

She turned her head to the side, the wall suddenly seemed like the most intriguing thing to stare at. "His mother and I were friends, but his father's bad news.".

"Why are you telling me this? And why do I have to stay away from Evan?". I asked, I was still very confused. She wasn't explaining anything.

She stared at my hands, which were still held by hers and brought her gaze up to look at me. "Because I care about you.".

She stood up immediately and walked towards the door. "The twins and Hannah are probably still waiting downstairs. Let's be fast." . And with that being said, she reached for the door and walked out of her bedroom, leaving me standing in confusion.. and curiousity.

I've never even met his father, how am I supposed to avoid him?

Either ways, I wouldn't have to avoid him since he's been absent from school for the past two days