🌺 CHAPTER TEN🌺

EJIRO'S POV:

It was a Friday night and I had just finished eating dinner. Mother was in the living room, watching one of the Philippine movies she bought last week and Jokpa and Jomafu where in their room, doing God knows what.

I sat tiredly on my bed, eventually laying on it and staring at the ceiling in boredom.
I felt so bored and tired but I didn't want to fall asleep.

Who would if they were in my situation?

I sighed loudly, sitting up again and staring at my phone laying on the top of my dresser.

"Hannah!" I smiled, standing up at once and grabbing my phone. I decided to video call her and tell her once and for all what I was going through. She deserved to know, especially since she wouldn't be with me, physically anymore.

Gosh! I miss her!

The phone began to ring as I waited patiently for her to pick the call. Few seconds later, muffled voices and loud noises could be heard at the other end of the phone but the environment was dark.

Suddenly, Hannah came into view. "Hello?.....Ejiro, OMG! I've missed you so much." She grinned, waving frantically at me. "I'm so sorry for not calling you since, I've been really busy. You're probably mad at me now. Please, I'm so so sorry.. and I've missed you so much. School's boring without you."

I let out a light chuckle. "You didn't let me say hello, you just started talking. I'm not angry at you sha."

She moved her hand to her chest and let out a sigh. "Thank God!".

"I miss you too, Hannah. Like, a lot. Although, I've made friends."

"Really? Tell me about them."

"Well, I made friends with two girls, Nnadzwa and Sara. Nnadzwa's Nupe and Sara is a Muslim. And then, there's a guy––"

"There's a guy?" She asked, beaming widely. "Is he fine?".

I giggled. "He is but he wears glasses and he acts wierd. His name's Noah.".

"Wow, I wish I could meet him." She sighed, staring into space.

"Really?" I raised a brow. "He wears glasses and wants to understand girls. He screams wierdo."

"And I don't care. My only consine is that he's fine." She smiled.

I gave a fake smile and inhaled and exhaled loudly.

"Hannah, remember that night I called you and told you something about me having nightmares about a boy and that he turned out to be real?". I asked, staring at her. She rested her head on her palm and looked up into space.

"Yeah, Ejiro do you remember that guy I told you about, that's Amelia's cousin. Turns out he's actually really handsome, just that he's not the muscular type like I expected." She said, a frown forming on her face before lowering her head backwards and letting out a loud laugh.

"Hannah, I'm trying to talk to you about something important. Can you at least, listen?" I pleaded. She seemed not to have heard me, as she went on and on about Amelia's cousin.

"....And then, Nelly threw her food at him which happened to be coconut rice and pepper. Unfortunately for him, it ended up––".

"Hannah shut up!!" I yelled.

She turned her head swiftly to the screen of the phone. "Oh sorry, were you saying something?".

I sighed in annoyance.

"Hannah, I have a problem. A really big problem." I said.

"What's wrong? She asked.

"Remember that night I called you and mentioned something about me having nightmares about a boy..." I started telling her everything, from the nightmares to meeting Evan to Sharon triggering memories, causing me to realize I have a memory loss.

"Wow. I-I'm speechless. First of all, how is that possible. I mean, seeing someone in your nightmare in real life. Secondly, how could you not tell me, Ejiro. I thought I was your best friend. What was there to hide, I knew about your family accident." She stated.

I bent my head. "I'm sorry, I really am. I guess, I just didn't want you carrying my problems and stressing yourself. So that night, I just felt I couldn't hide it anymore and had to let you know." I said.

She nodded slowly not saying anything, but I could still see the visible frown on her face.

"So what do you want me to do now. I'm all the way at Ebonyi, I can't do much."

I shrugged. "I don't know, help me in some way. Anyway, I'm just really scared...of Evan. It really isn't helping knowing he sits next to me in class."

"Hmmm, I'm very sure this isn't normal. Something's wrong somewhere and you should definitely stop taking those drugs. Their not doing anything to the nightmares, they're only harming your body."

I nodded. "I'll try to convince mother."

"So, about Sharon." Hannah said, resting her head on both palms which is supported by her arms resting on her table.

"What about her?" I asked.

"Do you believe she's your best friend. I mean, was... Cos, obviously, I've taken over." She smiled.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I kinda believe her because of the flashes of images in my head when she showed me those pictures, but I don't want to. She was so mean to me the first time I came to the school and she's Evan's sister. I'm not sure about him being bipolar but he definitely gives me the creeps."

"Whether you like it or not, you have to befriend those two, because, one, they would help you get your memory back if they were truly your childhood friends. Secondly, you need to get closer to Evan. It might help you find out the reason for the frequent nightmares you have, since he's always in it."

I let out a loud groan.

Why couldn't life go easy on me! When I agreed to move here, Spending time with the guy I always see in my nightmares and his twin sister wasn't what I planned.

"Promise me you'll do that. I know you don't, but you have to. It's for your own good. Okay." She pleaded.

I sighed and fell back on my bed.
"Fine! I'll do it, but I swear I'm not going to get close to any of them. I'll only pretend to. Don't expect me to act all lovey dovey with Evan and miss goody two shoes with Sharon!". I yelled.

Hannah moved her hand to her mouth and laughed hysterically. "Wetin dey worry this one. Abi I tell you say make you dey do lovey dovey with Evan and act nice to Sharon? Na befriend I talk oo!".

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms, placing a small box at the back of my phone to hold it up. "Whatever."

"So tell me. What's been happening in school? Any gist?" I smiled widely, trying to change the topic.

"Of course na." She said, plopping a bubble gum into her mouth.

And so, she started doing what she knew best. Gisting.

I had to admit, Hannah could be really annoying at times, but most times, she's a really helpful and supportive friend.

Minutes later when I was done with my call, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled, sitting on my bed.

The door knob clicked and turned, and in came Jomafu and Jokpa.

"Sup." Jokpa said with a smirk. I didn't say anything but smiled at them instead.

Jomafu plopped himself beside me on the bed and Jokpa sat on the other side.

"We heard you fell unconscious in school yesterday. What happened?" Jomafu asked, looking concerned and putting his hand on my shoulder.

"And when we went to the infirmary, she said something about someone finding you laying on the floor unconscious and a blister pack found on the top of the sink." Jokpa added.

"You didn't take overdose did you?" Jomafu asked. I looked down at the floor, not wanting to meet their gaze as I nodded slowly. "I-I did take overdose."

"Why?" Jokpa asked.

I raised my head and looked at both of them, before staring back down at the floor.

"The boy in my nightmares, I-I saw him. He's real."