🌺 CHAPTER SIXTEEN 🌺

I opened my eyes slowly and moved my head to the side.

Yellow-red curl designed curtains, a wooden wadrobe.

I turned to the other side.

A dresser, red walls.

Why am I at home?

I got down from the bed and went downstairs. I met mother sitting on a sofa and aimlessly changing channels.

"Mother, good evening ma." I greeted, staring at the clock. She tore her eyes away from the TV screen and stood up to stare at me.

"How are you doing sweetie?" She asked, bringing her right hand up to my forehead, then further down to my neck.

"I'm fine. Really. What happened? I thought I was at school?" I asked.

"You fainted again." She said.

"Oh!".

"Sweetie." She said, coming closer to me. "Do you, perhaps, remember what might have happened before you fell unconscious?".

I paused and thought for a second.

The last thing I remember doing was hiding at the back of a teacher's desk with Evan after school as my anonymous writer walked into the class to keep a letter in my locker.

I couldn't have possibly fainted because of that could I?

"No, actually." I shrugged, turning around and walking to my room again. I wasn't ready to stress myself, thinking about it, really.

As soon as I opened the door of my room, I heard a loud ringing sound and slight vibration. I followed it until I found my phone being the source of the sound under one of my pillows.

I stared at the caller ID and rolled my eyes. "Is Hannah the only person that calls me with this phone sef?!".

I swiped up as the little phone icon turned green and I placed the phone on my right ear.

"How far." I said.

"I dey oo." Hannah replied from the other end of the phone. "I have news."

"I'm listening.".

"Amelia and her SS3 boyfriend broke up yesterday. I think she said she saw him making out with that new girl that acted rude to you and sat on your seat on the first day of school." She said.

"So she broke up with him. She came to me minutes later and started yelling at me, saying that I was the reason they broke up. She said I set them up and blah blah blah. Like, that girl is just so stupid, imagine." Hannah said, hissing.

"Wow! I'm disappointed at Amelia, honestly." I said.

"Leave that one joor. Na her business be that. So about Evan and Sharon. Have you figured out anything about your past yet?" She asked.

I was taken aback by her question. What past?

"Hannah what past are you talking about?" I asked.

"Ah, your past na. That time that you said you, Evan and Sharon might be childhood friends?".

I shook my head in disagreement knowing fully well that she couldn't see me.

"Hannah, I never told you that. I told you about the nightmares. It's already clear what happened in my past. I did normal kid stuff, then had an accident, my dad died and I started having abnormal nightmares." I said.

"Ejiro. . .you did tell me about the possibility of you, Evan and Sharon being childhood friends. You even told me you had flashes of images. Ah ah! Is it that you over slept today or you hit your head cos the last time I called your mum said you were sleeping." Hannah said.