🌺 CHAPTER FIFTEEN 🌺

I slowly forced my eyes open as I groaned, and dragged my gaze to the vibrating phone placed in a stool by the side of my bed which continued to play Sip (Alcohol) by Joeboy.

I moved up a bit, using my elbow to support my upper body as I squinted my eyes and tried to put off the alarm.

Sip (Alcohol) as an alarm tone? Yeah, I'm wierd like that.

I dropped on the bed immediately I put it off and went back to sleeping. I really wished I could miss school even if it was just a day.

Suddenly, I heard the door click and I turned on the bed immediately, letting out a soft groan.

"Ejiro! Wake up! Do you know what the time is? It's 6:01 AM. You were supposed to wake up by 5:00 AM!". By the voice and the yelling I didn't need to be told to know that it was Jomafu.

His voice was slightly deeper than Jokpa's and he was the only one amongst the three of us who actually cared about being punctual to school.

Thanks to him, I'm never late!

I groaned as I reached for my pillow and used it cover my face.

"Shhhh! Can't you just let me sleep." I whined softly, my eyes still closed.

I heard footsteps approach my bed and then felt the side of my bed sinking or rather being pushed down.

"Ejiro, wake up. Don't mind Jomafu." I heard Jokpa say, pushing me gently.

"Can't I just stay at home for today? It's more peaceful, trouble free, and I don't have to receive stupid letters from some stupid person." I groaned, grabbing his hand as I squinted my eyes.

Jokpa's face lit up immediately and his eyes widened. "You've started receiving love letters?".

My eyes shut open immediately and the feeling of sleep washed away from me. "Abeg, Jokpa don't kill me. Love letter?!".

He stared at me confused. "Then what letter are you getting if not love letters.?".

I got down from the bed and reached for the door. "Uuh! I'm so hungry. It feels like I haven't eaten in years.".

I could hear a faint voice behind me as I moved down the stairs, saying something about me forgetting to brush my teeth.

                                •°•°•
Jomafu glared at me as we made our way into the school building through the big gates.

No suprise, I had made him go late to school. Jokpa rolled his eyes at Jomafu and later on, snickered.

"Guy, chill. It's not like you're going to die if you come to school late. They literally just started the assembly. It's 7:32 AM and assembly started by 7:30 AM." Jokpa shrugged.

"Whatever." Jomafu said, walking ahead of Jokpa and I as Jokpa scurried after him, leaving me alone to walk into my class.

The assembly hall wasn't very far from my class. As I walked there, I could already hear the loud chattering of the students, although, assemblies weren't conducted every day. That was one thing I observed when I had just come to the school.

Assemblies were only conducted when important announcements are to be made.

Finally, I got to the assembly hall and spotted Nnadzwa and Sara sitting at the far end. I walked towards them.

Feeling my presence, they turned simultaneously and wore a smile immediately they saw me, motioning for me to come over and seat with them.

I took the empty seat beside Nnadzwa as I stared at the school's Principal standing on the podium.