🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN🌺

EJIRO'S POV:

After hearing what Sharon had told me that day and I had gotten to the hospital to see Sara, Gosh! I felt so guilty.

She was totally innocent. She had nothing to do with Mr. Achebe's plan to kill me... So why her?

That thought made me shudder. I had to be sincere, I was relieved knowing I hadn't been the one that was attacked, but that thought made me feel even more guilty.

What I didn't understand was, If Mr. Achebe actually sent someone to kill me why was Sara the one attacked?

I met Sara sleeping when I had gotten to the hospital that day. Her mother sat beside the bed Sara laid on with her head resting on a little part of the bed and a hand wrapped around Sara's legs.

I pulled a chair I spotted at the end of the room and put it beside the bed. Then, I just sat on the chair and traced the liquid that moved from the drip hanging on the metallic thin poll, through the thin tubes and into Sara's left hand as she continued to sleep.

Mr. Achebe would never know peace!

I glanced at Sara's mother covered in a long black hijab.

Poor woman must've felt so bad finding her daughter in an unconscious state.

"Iyo.....". Whispered a voice, which was followed by soft tapping sounds.

I brought my head up and saw Sara as she tapped her mother on the hand, still laying on the bed.

"Iyo". She whispered again, tapping continuously on her mother's hand.

Her mother snapped awake and looked back at her daughter. "E mie?" She said.

I remained silent as I watched mother and daughter speak to each other in their dialect, but then, I decided to speak.

"Good afternoon ma." I greeted, gaining their attention as both heads turned to my direction.

Sara let out a smile as she gestured for me to come over. I stood up and embraced her in a hug.

"Iyo, this is Ejiro. My friend." Sara said, and her mother nodded.

"I can't believe you're here." She gushed.

I smiled back at her. "How could I not?"

Really. How could I not?!

"You're such a good friend." She smiled. "Noah said your mum fell Ill and you had to go see her yesterday. How is she?" She asked.

My mum, sick?

"My mum?" I asked, poking my chest with my right index finger.

"Yeah. Noah said so when him and Nnadzwa came to see me after school yesterday." She added.

Oh, yesterday.

"Oh yeah. Yeah, she's getting better. " I said. "How're you feeling?"

"I feel good. If I were the doctor I would've discharged me by now but she said I had to be strong enough to be discharged first." Sara pouted, causing me to giggle.

"You seem strong enough." I smiled.

"Exactly." She said, weakly throwing her hands up in the air and resting her head back on the bed.

Sara's mother stood up and walked into a little place behind a door in the room.

"What happened, how and why did you fall unconscious that day?" I asked.

"It was our literature substitute teacher." She stated. "She called me into her office, handed me a pile of books and told me to follow her to the library, saying she had to put them back because she borrowed them."