🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY TWO 🌺

As I walked by the roadside with Jomafu and Jokpa, many thoughts came flooding into my mind.

What if I'm unable to come up with something to help free Evan?

What did Evan do to get him locked up in a room for days by his own father?

Why does his father always act so strange?

What happens if I let Sharon down?

How will I be able to explain my strange and not so nice behaviors to Evan and Sharon?

What if they leave me when they figure out I remember everything because of how bad I treated them when I saw them again after many years?

Yes! That's just it. I won't tell them, I never will. After all, starting anew with them wouldn't hurt.

"Ejiro, stop standing there and come in." Jokpa whispered, gently pushing me into the restaurant as I immediately spotted Sharon sitting at a table across the large room.

I stood erect and walked towards her table, right behind Jomafu and Jokpa.

As if sensing our presence, she turned her head swiftly to our direction and smiled on seeing me, but gave a rather confused look as she stared at both Jomafu and Jokpa.

I took the empty seat beside her, while Jomafu and Jokpa sat opposite us.

"Am in trouble?" She asked, feigning fright.

"No. They're just going to help us." I said.

She gave a heavy sigh and sat a bit more relaxed. "So what are we going to do?". She asked.

"First, I need to know why your dad locked Evan up in the first place.". I said.

"He...." She trailed off, and coughed out a few words I couldn't make out of as she stared at the table.

"He what? We don't have all day." Jokpa snapped, and I immediately turned my head to his direction to glare at him.

"My father isn't a very good man, he's overly strict, does things unnecessarily and, can be cruel sometimes...." She trailed off again.

"Uh huh?" I urged.

"Evan caught my father sleeping with another woman, so my dad found out and locked him up as a punishment until he agrees to keep his mouth shut and never tell her about the incident." She said, still staring at the table.

"Whoa!" Jomafu exclaimed.

"How come he didn't lock you up then?" Jokpa asked.

"Oh, m-me?" She asked with wide eyes, pointing at herself. "I..I ran away when I heard my dad coming closer to the door.".

She brought her hands to her eyes and made a loud hiss. "I have something in my eye." She said.

I felt really bad for her. Knowing your loved ones could be hurt while also losing hopes of seeing them again isn't something to be taken likely.

I sighed in frustration and placed my elbow on the table as I rested my chin on my palms.

"Hello." A voice said, and I brought my gaze up immediately.

"My name is Gloria, may I take your orders." A lady, probably in her early twenties said as she held up a pen and brought it close to the notepad on her other hand.

"Umm, no, thank you. We're just here fo–".

"I'll take four bottles of water, please." Jomafu said as he brought some money and handed it to the waiter as she collected it with glee.