🌺 CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE 🌺

This chapter is dedicated to dahmilorla  and everyone else that helped me get The Boy In Her Dreams to 1k dreams. Honestly, you guys are the best. Can't thank you enough 😊❤️

                                •°•°•

I followed mother quietly as she walked down the stairs. She headed to the living room, and I wasn't the least suprised to see Jomafu and Jokpa seated on opposite sofas as they awaited the presence of mother and I.

Mother sat on a sofa while I sat next to Jokpa. Mother stared at me for a while, then a let out a loud sigh.

"Ejiro." Mother started. "I gave you a simple instruction and that was to stay clear away from Mr. Achebe. I told you not once but twice!".

Then, turning to Jomafu and Jokpa she said. "The both of you are her elder brothers. When I'm not around I expect Ejiro to be safe in the hands of both of you." She paused.

"She told you a friend of hers got locked up by his father, that was none of you guy's business!" She began to yell.

How did she find out?

"Instead of advising her not to interfere with family business you went along with it. I'm disappointed." She said, shaking her head.

I wouldn't be surprised if mother told me Jokpa and Jomafu had told her everything the entire time I was locked up in my room.

She was warning us, yelling at us for helping a friend?!

She kept secrets from me and refused to tell me the cause of my nightmares when she knew what it was.

Who was to be mad at who?!

"Mother, you knew Mr. Achebe, you knew he caused my never ending misery called a nightmare and you didn't bother to do anything about it. All you did was to warn me about his father and instructed me to stay away from him when you knew I lost my memory and wouldn't be able to recognize him." I said, trying my very best not to yell despite the rage in me.

"Ejiro what are you talking about? Your memory's perfectly fine." Jomafu said, sitting up abruptly.

"I remember everything. And I'm sure you guys knew about my memory loss too." I said, rolling my eyes and trying to hide the slight pain I felt as I struggled to swallow the lump in my throat when I let out those words.

"We did n...." Jokpa trailed off.

I returned my gaze back to mother, expecting her to say something. But instead, she stood up and began walking towards the stairs.

Her action got me even more pissed. I stood up and ran towards her and ahead of her, then stood in front of her.

"Mother, I'm tired of you hiding everything from me. You said we needed to talk and we will talk. Today, you'll tell us everything." I said.

Mother looked like she was about to burst into tears, yet she stared at me in anger. She refused to move, she just stood there, glaring at me.

"Mother." I called, almost a whisper.

She sighed in surrender, turned around and slowly walked back to the living room.

As soon as mother had sat down, Jokpa stood up and walked towards mother. Then, he crouched down in front of her and held her hands.

"Most of what we heard that man confess today were almost unbelievable to me." He said. "And I definitely didn't believe him when he said dad had an affair with Mrs. Achebe. Tell me it's a lie, and that Ejiro was just coincidentally born after the rumor.".