🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SIX🌺

This chapter is dedicated to FlourishChiburuoma

                                  •°•°•

EJIRO'S POV:

I recited a prayer of protection continuously in my head as I wrapped my hands tightly around Evan's waist.

God! I was so scared, and it didn't help that the masked girl had a gun pointed at my direction.

I really didn't know what came over me when I ran to hide behind Evan. I had actually expected him to run off and save himself, I wouldn't have been surprised.

Evan stood his ground instead, and even after she brought the gun out, he still didn't move. I felt kinda safe just standing behind him, but when she began to count down to ten, I almost had a heart attack.

I didn't know why he was still there. Finally, I tapped him sadly and whispered, "Don't worry about me, please. Just go".

"I owe you." Was the only thing he said next, making me narrow my brows at him. I shook the thought away, not having the time to think about it.

"Seven..." The masked girl continued to count, with an obvious smirk still on her face.

Before I knew it, Evan gripped my hand and loosened it from his waist, and the next thing I knew, I saw the gun flying in the air and the masked girl staggering backwards.

Her eyes widened in realization as she stared down at the gun now on the floor. She balanced herself immediately and ran towards the gun.

Evan came in from behind her and held both her arms tightly, still, she tried to free herself out of his hold and move closer to the gun.

I didn't have to be told, I reached for the gun, moving as far away from the girl as possible.

"You idiot!" She yelled. "Give me the gun!".

I stared at Evan, who pulled the girl towards the other end of the class. Nevertheless, she continued to speak.

"I'm serious, I'll avenge him! You murderer! Give me the gun!" She yelled, her voice almost coming out as a shriek.

"Who's him?" I asked, for some reason, inching closer to her.

I needed to know, was it my father? Any of my dead male relatives I may not know about? A dead male cousin?

"Ejiro, unlock the door!" Evan said.

I quickly did as he had instructed and pushed the door open.

"C'mon Evan." I gestured, heading towards the opened door. I quickly pointed the gun at her forehead, even though I had no idea how to use it.

Evan quickly let go and pulled me towards the door, but I glared at her, the gun in my hand still pointing at her forehead and she backed away as she gritted her teeth. "You deserve to die." Were the last words I heard her say, before I stepped out of the classroom with Evan.

He grabbed my hand once the door was shut, threw the gun by the door side and made a run for it.

Keeping up with his pace was extremely hard, but I didn't give that much thought.

Once we were out of the school building, we immediately met Hannah's angry face as she argued with the school security man, yes, the school had a security man.

I cleared my throat to gain Hannah's attention, and she turned around immediately. I expected her to storm my way and question me on why I wasted so much, but she stared down at something instead. I tried tracing her gaze to whatever she was looking at.