🌺 EPILOGUE 🌺

EJIRO'S POV:

It has been a whole week since Sara had been admitted in the hospital, and finally she would be discharged.

I hurriedly stuffed items into my little hot pink purse, then applied some perfume and rushed down the stairs.

Just few minutes ago, Noah and Nnadzwa came into the house saying they were going to see Sara again because, apparently, she was getting discharged today.

Actually, just Noah spoke, Nnadzwa basically ignored me. And you know what, after her making several attempts to 'kill' me, I'm totally fine with it.

"Sorry for making you guys wait so long." I said, hurriedly walking down the stairs.

Noah stood up adjusting his glasses, just as Nnadzwa did the same.

"No worries. Although, Nnadzwa fell asleep at some point." Noah smirked, glancing at Nnadzwa. "You took that long."

Nnadzwa didn't say a single word the entire time I was there. And like I said, she was ignoring me. She let out a very loud hiss and sashayed out of my house.

Noah, who had his gaze following her every move until she was out of the house, turned around and gave me a questioning look.

"Ejiro, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it." He said. "Something's wrong with Nnadzwa and you. What's up?"

I shrugged, and began pulling him with me as I made my way out of the house. "I'm not the one that hissed. Ask Nnadzwa."

"She doesn't seem like she would say anything." He said.

"You'll never know." I shrugged. "Wouldn't hurt to try—"

Mother's loud honking sounds interrupted our little discussion as we both made our way to the car.

Minutes later, Mother, Nnadzwa, Noah and I had made it to the hospital, and we met Sara's mother packing their items into various bags.

As soon as Sara saw all four of us walking into the room she was put in, she broke into tears and embraced Nnadzwa, Noah and I in a hug.

"You guys are such good friends. I don't remember having friends like these before you guys." She said. "Ever."

Noah was the first to pull out of the hug. "That's cute and sweet, but I don't do mushy stuff."

Nnadzwa rolled her eyes at him, and hugged Sara back. "How're you feeling?" She asked.

"I feel better." She said.

Nnadzwa glared at the wall, practically boring holes into it. "God will punish that so called substitute teacher. She will not know peace."

I raised both brows in shock. "Why're you cursing the substitute teacher? You don't know if she has a hand in what happened to Sara."

"Yes, I do." Nnadzwa said, rolling her eyes at me. "Sara told me."

I moved my gaze to Sara who nodded her head in affirmation of Nnadzwa's statement. "Oh."

"Let's go, shall we?" Sara's mother announced, trying hard to move all the bags she had with her. Noah and I decided to give her a helping hand. Nnadzwa did too.

A knock came on the door, and everyone's attention was turned to it. The door creaked open and a head popped through it.

Then, slowly, the person walked into the room, and soon, stepping out of the shadows by the door was. . .

Sharon?

"Oh good!" Mother exclaimed. "Another friend."

Sharon said her greetings to mother and Sara's mum, then walked towards Sara who had her gaze focused on Sharon.