🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY THREE 🌺

Hannah and I finally got to Evan's house by exactly 4:00 PM. We knocked at the gate and waited patiently for Evan to come pushing it open.

Hannah who had been playing Candy crush on her phone brought her gaze up to look at me. "Why did I follow you again?".

I rolled my eyes. "Because I wanted to go to church before coming here, and mother trusts you. She usually doesn't let me go places without her or any of the twins tagging along.".

Hannah brought her hand over to her chest and pouted her mouth. "Aww.".

"Whatever.". Finally, I heard a click and a bang, and the gate was pushed open, making Sara come into view.

"Late comer.". She giggled, and moved to the side of the gate to enable us walk in.

Together, we went into the large building and I noticed Hannah gawking at the beauty of the house. I wouldn't blame her, I did too.

Sara pushed the door open and gestured for us to go in with her. I spotted Hugo sitted on the same position as last time, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him.

"You finally came.". Evan said. "Hey, Hannah.".

"What's up.". She smiled. "So, this project you guys are doing. Are you guys acting out a scene today or...".

"Nah, we're going to practice first.". Hugo said.

I sat beside Sara who busied herself by reading a book. "What book is that?". I asked.

She looked up from the book and smiled at me. "Things Fall Apart.".

"Oh.". I said.

"You're gonna read that whole book? Wow! You've got time.". Hannah giggled. Sara laughed a bit and went back to reading.

Evan brought out his mini note pad in front of him and began to read. Sara stopped him mid-sentence to ask a question.

"I don't have to take off my hijab, Do I?". She asked.

"Nope. You don't have to.". Evan said.

"It looks cute on you, by the way." Hugo added. I glanced at Sara who was blushing and scoffed.

P-lease!

When Evan was done, he called Sharon and asked her to get him a little bucket. I was suprised that they actually used something like that in such a big house.

Seconds later, Sharon came running down the stairs with a bucket in her hand. She handed it to Evan and sat down to watch.

I grabbed the bucket and raised it above my head. I went to the end of the living room, and began to walk towards the door.

Hugo and Sara made whistling sounds, and Evan came running in, pretending to shoo away some students, then, walked towards me.

"Sidi." He called. I stopped walking and turned towards his direction.

He handed me my copy of the book, and I quickly flipped through pages until I got to where we were.

This was gonna take a long time!

                                   •°•°•
Hannah and I decided to stay back after everyone else left. Evan wanted me to give him more information about the letters and the person sending those letters.

"Well.". I said. "I know she's a girl, she probably attends our school and she knows me.".

Evan scribbled down somethings on another mini note pad, and brought his gaze back to me.